What's your favourite Seagal or Van Damme film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
what's the one about the eco warrior martial arts master vs an oil rig? I think the oil rig loses in the end, then there's a really long eco warrior speech that goes on and on and on before the closing credits. :scratch:

and which is that one where Van Damme does the splits during a fighty scene, that's a good one :okay:

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
None of them! ^_^

Get some Statham films watched, much better class :whistle:
I did think of including him as well, at least he doesn't seem to take things too seriously, either that or he's just a really bad actor. 😂

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Does anyone think you need to engage brain on van damme vs Seagal? Seriously?! Their type of films only work if you leave your intelligence and critical thought behind. Purely about the escapist time wasting with staged fight scenes. Nothing wrong with that!

Having said that the epitome of that style of pure entertainment film has to be the expendables or the first two die hard films. They're in a totally different class!
The Expendables are top class entertainment, I love the way Arnold and Chuck Morris caricature themselves.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
He's just the cook!

"Under Siege". Last watched decades ago, on a Friday night after many pints. It was terrible then, and I doubt it's aged well!

I believe that Executive Decision is the only Steven Seagal movie in which Steven Seagal gets killed off. Always my fav Steven Seagal movie.

If you are into your martial arts filums check out the IP man series
Ip Man was a police officer for the Chinese Nationalist govt and a member of the Kuomintang ( the body who fled to Taiwan after the Communist revolution). These details seem to be missing from Chinese made bio pics.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
If you are into your martial arts filums check out the IP man series
I'd never heard of them until my lad came in one night and said, 'I watched all three of these last night.' 😊

Cracking films with a proper story rather than just one fight scene after another.

Was that Fire Down Below?
No it's On Deadly Ground, also with Michael Caine.

Its not one of his best as he still trying to be a big movie star, his later direct to DVD efforts are much better as it's fun watching how little effort he puts into them:laugh:

395428_281346478598098_268330443233035_779094_1559402015_n.jpg

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
No it's On Deadly Ground, also with Michael Caine.

Its not one of his best as he still trying to be a big movie star, his later direct to DVD efforts are much better as it's fun watching how little effort he puts into them:laugh:

View attachment 638841
Some of those later ones are proper ropey, I saw a couple of them where he even had a love interest, usually a young woman who he saved from the bad guy.

The trouble is they were young enough to be his daughter, and watching them together was a bit stomach churning.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'd never heard of them until my lad came in one night and said, 'I watched all three of these last night.' 😊

Cracking films with a proper story rather than just one fight scene after another.
an an ex wing chun practioner i am baised :smile: , really wish i could do it but life and injury stop me unfortunately

Top Bottom