Whats your favourite western film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Age will probably play a large part in your choice.
I just noticed The Magnificent 7 is on tv tomorrow......among my favourites.
Once Upon a Time in The West with Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson was very moving.
High Noon (the original) is a classic.
Been some good ones in more recent years also.
Which ones stand out for you?

Alex H

Legendary Member
I usually hate anything by the Coen brothers, but True Grit (2010) is very good, especially Hailee Steinfeld's contribution at only 13 years of age.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
High Plains Drifter

Unforgiven

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Pretty much any western with Clint in it ^_^

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I remember an insomniac night many years ago when i gave up on trying to sleep at around 4am, got up and watched Once Upon A Time in the West on VHS. I'd meaning to get round to watching it for ages. It was a terrible recording, the screen rolled often but I was absolutely enthralled by it... the haunting soundtrack and those long long scenes. If I was in a different mood I might have found it utterly boring. There's not enough plot to justify such a long film but it just grabbed me and it's been a firm favourite ever since.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is another firm favourite. Whenever i watch it there's always sections I'd completely forgotten about. It certainly has enough plot (turns and twists) to justify its length... and the sountrack's not bad either.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I remember an insomniac night many years ago when i gave up on trying to sleep at around 4am, got up and watched Once Upon A Time in the West on VHS. I'd meaning to get round to watching it for ages. It was a terrible recording, the screen rolled often but I was absolutely enthralled by it... the haunting soundtrack and those long long scenes. If I was in a different mood I might have found it utterly boring. There's not enough plot to justify such a long film but it just grabbed me and it's been a firm favourite ever since.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is another firm favourite. Whenever i watch it there's always sections I'd completely forgotten about. It certainly has enough plot (turns and twists) to justify its length... and the sountrack's not bad either.
Re Once Upon a Time in The West. I just played the sound track.....very very moving**
I love the harmonica but the actual sound track...WoW. if you google it for reviews people choose it for funeral music.

Top Bottom