What's your favourite wireless station?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
When a youth, it would have been 199 or 208 mw, but these have long stopped. But recently, 199 (radio caroline) have been doing a trial in the London area on DAB. But reception very patchy where I drive.

Often now it's Classic FM in the car as this just gives a pleasant background sound without too much talking.

Radios Caroline and Luxembourg were my choices as a teenager

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
I listen to lots of podcasts, but when I listen to radio it’s mainly:

News - LBC
Sport - 5live
Music - Radio X or Absolute

What podcasts do you listen to. Always interested in recommendations

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Until a couple of years back I would of said R2, but it is now too celebrity centric. I do still listen to the blues show and Johnny Walker on a sunday.
So it's R4,
Boom radio
Classic FM.
R5 for the football commentary.

Drago

Legendary Member
There was a rumour going round that the shipping forecast was going to be stopped.

20230627_150404.gif

stephec

Legendary Member
Absolute 60s,70s, 80s,90s

Planet Rock

Talk Sport many years ago until I got sick of listening to John, 'man of the people,' Gaunt repeatedly telling us how wonderful he was.

Windle

Über Member
Another one for Planet Rock ~ but my god the adverts do my head in :cursing:. I generally only listen to the radio when I'm buggering about in the garage but I swear, probably 80% of the time when I first put the radio on, it's adverts. Or half a song then adverts. They play some good stuff though, not just the typical classics but a good bit of new stuff. And of course Wyatt Wendels is a cyclist :bicycle:.
Bishop FM too occasionally, our local station, they have a blues programme on a Sunday evening.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Breath easily.

After a quick search, I found this.

As part of the BBC's plans to switch off the BBC Radio 4 longwave transmitter, it announced plans to reduce daily broadcasts of the Shipping Forecast to the current FM simulcast schedule of twice on weekdays, and three times on weekends by March 2024.

Last edited:
Top Bottom