What's your "go-to" sandwich?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
In a SUBWAY, the one with saucy meatballs, I usually add BBQ sauce.

At home, grated cheese or chicken, If I'm feeling particularly fancy or flush I will combine the ingredients and place within a warm George Foreman*

*Not the actual boxer I might add
*The lean mean fat reducing grilling machine he put is name to
*Not an actual George Foreman
*LIDL middle isle bargain

Wholemeal, seeded, bread from the machine, buttered with real butter. Crunchy Peanut Butter, Garlic Mayo, lettuce and black pepper. Optional sliced tomato

Gunk

Guru
Grated cheese and pickle made with fresh Granary bread from our local bakers. Has to accompanied with a bag of Walkers cheese and onion and finished off with a cheeky Tunnocks Caramel bar.

richardfm

Veteran
Haddock fish fingers (plenty of salt and vinegar) on buttered white bread.

You could replace the fish fingers with chips

simongt

Guru
piccalilli.
This is one thing that at 70, I admit I've never tried mainly because of the usually bright yellow colour of the shop varieties.
However, I recently bough a jar of home made from our local charity shop because it's a more 'acceptable' light beige colour and because I've decided that it's about time I did try it - ! :rofl:

simongt

Guru
The fillings I put in my pieces are so varied, my list would be too long - ! :laugh:
And I always do my own. That way I know EXACTLY what's going into them. :whistle:

Last edited:

richardfm

Veteran
This is one thing that at 70, I admit I've never tried mainly because of the usually bright yellow colour of the shop varieties.
However, I recently bough a jar of home made from our local charity shop because it's a more 'acceptable' light beige colour and because I've decided that it's about time I did try it - ! :rofl:

Did you like it?

Top Bottom