What's your "go-to" sandwich?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Bacon with English mustard. Preferably from a snack wagon parked in an industrial estate.
Food of the Gods.:hyper:

Chicken & avocado with a good dollop of mayo mixed with sweet chilli sauce.

Tuna, cheese & thinly-sliced onion. This also makes the most excellent toastie.

Thinly-sliced roast beef or steak with either a dab of mustard or a dab of horseradish

Home-cooked smoked gammon with lots of butter and a tickle of English mustard

Bacon, lettuce & tomato

Or the ubiquitous packed lunch classic - vintage cheddar cheese with home made chutney.

I'd better stop, or I'll be here all night. :blush:

Seeded bread, butter, a slice of good ham, a slice of Dutch cheese (whatever variety I can get), English mustard.

If I was going "old school" it would have been white bread, butter, sliced up cold Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages, maybe a slight bit of mustard......
I try to mostly avoid processed meat these days, so a sausage sarnie is definitely a thing of the past.... But it is making me hungry just thinking about one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Seeded bread, butter, a slice of good ham, a slice of Dutch cheese (whatever variety I can get), English mustard.

If I was going "old school" it would have been white bread, butter, sliced up cold Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages, maybe a slight bit of mustard......
I try to mostly avoid processed meat these days, so a sausage sarnie is definitely a thing of the past.... But it is making me hungry just thinking about one.

Yet you eat ham? :scratch:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Strong cheddar and raw onion.

richardfm

Veteran

Make your own sausages. Good quality pork. Some breadcrumbs, water, salt, pepper and herbs and spices, depending on what sausages you are making.
If you are buying ham then unless it is "green" ham it is almost certainly a "processed" food

OP
OP
D

Dadam

One Christmas "bring and share" lunch at work, some weird lady brought egg mayo and spring onion sandwiches. They were surprisingly nice

Sound good. Egg mayo is underrated and spring onions are phenomenal in a salad sarnie. Never tried them combined though.

vickster

Legendary Member
I cook my own ham. I'm not sure how processed it is before it reaches the shelves (unsmoked gammon). I assume fairly processed still, as it doesn't come out of the pig that way, but probably less so than cheap packet ham?

Dunno don’t eat any ham anymore

Top Bottom