What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Knights Templar 100 in about 3 weeks. Then March I return to 200 and an Easter Arrow end of that month

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I would really like to do another Arrow one day... How's the weather forecast looking?
I would really like to do another Arrow one day... How's the weather forecast looking?
The 1998 Wet Easter Arrow. Missing from the photo are Pedals and Andy. We created a record that I don't think will ever be broken. All on fixed-wheel.
2012-04-10_15-16-15_98.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Changeable with expected temps between -10C and 29C, possible snowstorms, risk of frostbite and risk of sunburn. Weather guaranteed.

Last edited:
A little bit of effort, Matt. That's all it takes. Who doesn't appreciate a riddle that they can solve?
Don't think 'humble brag' is in @Ian H 's lexicon.
To be clear;
- I rather like crypticity. I wasn't criticising Ian's post. I did genuinely think it would be something about fixed, because Ian planted that idea.
- And I am NOT accusing him of humble-braggery. [if that is a word?]

Well done if YOU have solved the riddle! 👏

Ajax Bay

Guru
Well done if YOU have solved the riddle! 👏
I've completed an Arrow with Ian (2019, 456km).
If you've enjoyed beers with @Ian H on many Wednesdays when very (very) occasionally conversation turns to Arrows, he's justly proud of the 'result' (esoteric record) to which he cryptically refers (above), and (only when pressed) mentions it.
So having had sight of the 'answer page' it's not a riddle for me. Carry on!

Not an Audax but I'm doing the Worcester St. John's CC Reliability ride this Sunday.
It would be nice to hear that actually IS a Reliability ride!

A couple of "Reliability ride"s have happened round here recently that are just ... rides! You get a route, you get told "it's not a race", and there is a refreshment retail opportunity* at the finish! More like a 100km-ish audax, but obviously cooler.

*Sometimes this is replaced by a promotional event - SORRY, opportunity to browse exciting new cycling products from our sponsor!

Top Bottom