What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Dartmoor devil ok in a few weeks followed by Moonrakers and sunseekers 300k.

It sensible to do the devil on fixed right?
It has been done. Not often. You may have to resort to the 24" gear on occasion.
I shall be in France.

fossala

Guru
I can't decide if I should get an air BnB or ECE to the start to bump it up to 200k. I fancy feeling fresh and trying to smash it.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Got an email the other day saying there were only 16 of us entered for the "Around the Gwendraeth" audax on Sunday. Thought it was a bit odd until I saw that the Wales v France QF kicks off just before the ride starts! I imagine the Llanelli ring road will be nice and quiet at the start.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It looks as though my next will be another Rigby ride. I'm only going to keep some friends company.

fossala

Guru
Dartmoor devil tomorrow. Bike choices are.

Genesis day one 70" 13kg has mudguards and 35mm tyre but the chainset has had a recal so need to get that sorted...

Corrado 72" 7.5kg, 25mm tyres no mudguards other than an ass saver.

I need to do it in 6hrs or less as I need to catch a train back from Newton abbot at 2:45pm.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Currently booked on the Poor Student 200 from Oxford in Jan. May also do the Santa Special 200 on Dec 22nd. Off to the annual reunion this weekend but not doing a dinner dart, will just do a 100km ride there and a similar one back. Not really settled into my winter riding yet and still fiddling around with my clothing combinations. Doesn't help that most of my winter riding kit us still in the loft.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just entered the Moon Night Sonata #1

Great name for an Audax.... starts at 19:00 from local pub... 👍

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-738/

Great ride on Monday night under clear skies giving the riders a moon lit route.
Starting in Shortwood on the outskirts of Bristol heading via Chipping Sodbury to the info control at Wotton-under-Edge [ at which point I had lost feeling in my feet due to the freezing conditions ] then a climb up to Hawkesbury Upton passing thru Badminton, Castle Combe & Biddestone before another info control at Lacock, the route then headed west back towards Bristol, being careful to dodge the foxes on the Bristol to Bath path. The arrivée was at The Beer Emporium on King Street and in spite of the cold conditions a well earned pint was had....

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Here we go again! Although audax wise we're already in the middle of the year. On the Jack and Grace start list, incredible it's sold out already, usually it's ok to leave entry into the new year.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I've entered a couple of Calendar events - Bolsover Jester (100km) on 21 March, and Clumber to Humber (200km, also beginning in Bolsover) on 2 May.

I've never ridden further than 100km so my next step is to start training. I have the perm to do still that I entered in November, but then couldn't do as I badly sprained my wrist. That'll be a great start to my training.

lane

Veteran
The Humber to Clumber is normally later than that. It was my first 200k out of the two I have completed - in 2011. Nice ride and relatively benign for a 200.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The Humber to Clumber is normally later than that. It was my first 200k out of the two I have completed - in 2011. Nice ride and relatively benign for a 200.
You've just made my day. Having never ridden this distance, I'm slightly concerned...

I have to ride the bike as much as possible in the next few months (10 hours a week sounds like a nice round number, it may even be achievable).

Top Bottom