What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Er yes the inner tube was buggered with big holes in it. But you can often get that without holes being punched in the tyre as well. I had to patch the original tube which had puncture (glass or flint or something sharp) about an hour earlier.
So you patched it during your ride?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
So you patched it during your ride?

Yes. It was too cold for the rubber solution to cure, so I had the blow on it to do that. Once the rubber solution has cured (looks opaque and tacky) you apply the patch. I patched it in the dark wearing a head torch . Darkness is why I didn’t spot the holes in the tyre though I did spot some rubber sliced back.

Yes. It was too cold for the rubber solution to cure, so I had the blow on it to do that. Once the rubber solution has cured (looks opaque and tacky) you apply the patch. I patched it in the dark wearing a head torch . Darkness is why I didn’t spot the holes in the tyre though I did spot some rubber sliced back.
So are the tyres getting binned now?

In the last 2 weeks I'm ashamed to admit I've only been on one proper ride of 40km :sad: Feel quite underprepared for audax on Saturday and like I'm losing my fitness. :sad:

Ride the Lancashire lights 200 next week hopefully on the new to me Rogers differential drive trike .

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did a 63km ride today to prepare for my 117km audax on saturday

You will be fine, have confidence in yourself. Use the time limits available and don’t worry if you are not the quickest one out there. I sneaked in 105km today and went round at 20.5 km/h with no stops. Took just over 5 hours. I think you’ve got around 9 hours available for yours this weekend.

You will be fine, have confidence in yourself. Use the time limits available and don’t worry if you are not the quickest one out there. I sneaked in 105km today and went round at 20.5 km/h with no stops. Took just over 5 hours. I think you’ve got around 9 hours available for yours this weekend.
Where did you go cycling? Do you think I should do any more cycling before the event? I feel like maybe I can do it this time around but I'm paranoid about a puncture or mechanical issue happening :sad: I did 20.0km/h average today with London traffic getting in the way for half the journey. Im still unsure about the route because the guy was emailing about route changes at some points and I just feel confused because his emails talk about the 117km event I'm doing and the 200km London to Oxford to London- so Im confused about what applies to who or maybe Im just not reading it properly.:shy: I just feel like I'll give up on cycling if I can't complete this audax this time around.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
@oreo_muncher I was cycling in Hertfordshire

Just keep on top of your navigation, look at route on map , and compare that in advance to stated diversions.

Top Bottom