What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Got a 200km DIY entered for tomorrow for my November RRTY.

And all completed and finished before sunset. Think I had more daylight on this than my October one day before clocks changed. Really mild day was bare armed and no gloves after about 9am. Lovely ride in the sun.
Need more details than that :tongue: Did you get Chinese food? How long did it take you? Any difficulties along the way? The highlights? What time did you leave and arrive? Shame you didn't take pictures.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Need more details than that :tongue: Did you get Chinese food? How long did it take you? Any difficulties along the way? The highlights? What time did you leave and arrive? Shame you didn't take pictures.

I did take pictures but on a Polaroid cube which needs plugging into PC to get them.

No Chinese food. Shortbread fingers, hobnobs, and two rounds of jam butties. Crumpet following by quiche, chips and beans once home. Drank 2.5 litres of water.

A route north east to Kings Lynn to take advantage of a 20 mph tail wind with gusts to 45 mph gusts. Train back home. You could really feel the push when the wind was directly behind. Headwind in places but probably no more than 40 mins tops. Heavy rain around 8am but rode out of it.

Rode along the paved cycleway on right hand side of great Ouse as the sun dipped to the horizon over the water. Through the riverside area before turning for the railway station. Also bit of easy gravel riding by side of river on the run in to Ely.

Set off just before 7am and finished about 4pm. So what’s that about 9 hours elapsed? Then 1.5 hours on empty trains back home. Put my warmer jacket on once finished and before getting on train.

No difficulties and my favourite bits are riding along side the rivers and fens on deserted roads or tracks with a nice tailwind making it effortless. Caught kids leaving school with the usual exclamations as a recumbent goes by. Watching the sun set over the Great Ouse after I’d finished was a particular highlight.

Tomorrow I will see how the photos have come out.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Here you go @oreo_muncher

It was 9.5 hours elapsed and 9 hours 5 mins riding time.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’m working on my December 200 for RRTY. Decided on a war memorial theme. Have marked 35 in my home county and just need to work out the route now. Hopefully mild early Dec to get it done early in the month.

Route draft done and 202km. Can’t hit all the war memorials in this distance, about 97%. Need to double check route as some war memorials in towns. So just need to check roads wont be too busy for my taste.
How many war memorials are you cycling past in total?

Top Bottom