What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Do you have a link I can only find the 300 on the same day?

The Wigginton 100 is here - https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10738-www_100

Or you could join me on The Full Monty 300 - https://www.audax.uk/event-details/11187-the_full_monty_300 :whistle:

@DCLane beat me to it! The GPX I got from Keith is called Wiggy100.

I am not sure if I will be a non starter as unfortunatelt the spokes on my Specialized Axis Elite front wheel is not right.

I think 2 are bent (not just a slight curve) and the corresponding two on the otherside are low tension. I think I may have a warranty claim as the bike has only done 350miles and it looks like they are laced under/over instead of over/under plus the valve hole is off centre (which is odd for a front wheel). If Balfes Bikes reject the claim I may have to see if I can get the lacing fixed and back on the road for the event from my LBS.

Attachments

• IMG_6580.jpeg
    IMG_6580.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6579.jpeg
    IMG_6579.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6577.jpeg
    IMG_6577.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6578.jpeg
    IMG_6578.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

footloose crow

Über Member
Camel and Lizard 200 on 25 May - which goes to the Lizard and then up to the Camel estuary and back unsurprisingly. This will be my first calendar 200, all my others have been DIY. Will be interesting to feel the difference.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The friend I rode part (110km) of Old Roads on Saturday is riding the two 300s: starting ?2 hours before BCM and 300 up, sleep in the Menai Bridge scout hut, and the 300 back starting 4am(?) Sunday. That's a long old second day. And I doubt I'd be sufficiently tired at 6pm (say) to sleep properly. Whereas turning round and riding back to Aberdyfi for midnight would be more doable (if I was 600 capable). Whatever.

The friend I rode part (110km) of Old Roads on Saturday is riding the two 300s: starting ?2 hours before BCM and 300 up, sleep in the Menai Bridge scout hut, and the 300 back starting 4am(?) Sunday. That's a long old second day. And I doubt I'd be sufficiently tired at 6pm (say) to sleep properly. Whereas turning round and riding back to Aberdyfi for midnight would be more doable (if I was 600 capable). Whatever.
That last word may be key! There's definitely pros-and-cons there ... IMO the 2x300 in that form is still very hard, if you'd find the regular "6-in-42" hard. I think most full-value riders would agree that a hotel bed at around 350km would make the easiest option, but accomodation isn't in great supply on the route, unless you have Flatus'* budget.
One plus is that they get until 0252h to finish Day2. So that's quite a long elapsed time, makes it a little easier on the body allthingsbeingequal (which of course they are not!)

*Editor's Note: this is an in-joke between some Audaxers who know the rider in question. Please ignore it.

Top Bottom