What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
Wish they had grand audax tours of Wales

This is available as a perm and likely closest you will get for a GT Wales

https://www.audax.uk/event-details?id=2500
 

spokeweasel

Active Member
A bike and a sense of adventure and some grit and determination.

Morning, what I meant to ask was - Do you just show up on the day and ride the distance? Does one need an insurance to participate in the audax events in the UK or in general?

IMG_3262.jpeg


If I sign up as a temporary member, does Audax UK provide me with any cover as I’m confused about the word “limited” - does that mean I get covered onLy for the single event I’m trying to participate or ?

Also, are Audax UK & Cycling UK memberships different ? Should I register / subscribe for both, as Cycling UK seems to offer a lot more in terms of benefits, according to their website.
 
Last edited:

LiamFitz

Über Member
Morning, what I meant to ask was - Do you just show up on the day and ride the distance? Does one need an insurance to participate in the audax events in the UK or in general?

View attachment 821982

If I sign up as a temporary member, does Audax UK provide me with any cover as I’m confused about the word “limited” - does that mean I get covered onLy for the single event I’m trying to participate or ?

Also, are Audax UK & Cycling UK memberships different ? Should I register / subscribe for both, as Cycling UK seems to offer a lot more in terms of benefits, according to their website.

Temp membership (which is part of your entry fee) will give you cover for the duration of the event.
Cycling UK and AUK are essentially different organisations. CUK does campaigning and supports general cycling whilst AUK is there to provide the infrastructure around a specific discipline. CUK members dont pay the temp membership for AUK events.
 

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
Not my next, but just completed this weekend. The Audax Ireland National 400. That brings me to 50 points in the 50th anniversary year. With 12 hours of darkness, the night was long. But the full moon and stars compensated, with clear skies.

IMG_2520.jpeg


cac768b1-0f1a-464c-9ca4-d790eef9febf.jpeg


cfbb7865-ac2c-4ed6-abdf-6f2b5bc5e08a.jpeg


fb91ba64-de78-435a-b7d9-06a07cd04c3f.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Have booked the Richard Ellis 200 on October the 3rd and booked the Dunmow Travelodge for the night before, will be less hassle on the trains and can leisurely get to the start for breakfast :smile:.

That was most(ly) a great ride and the weather held up to although not quite as clear a day as forecast, one dismount on a off-road section (gp5000's and thick leaves not a good combo) and one small walk up a hill but all good at 8:35 moving and 10:12 official.

Late to this lark but might just be getting the bug,,,

Oh and trains were a mess with lots of KX trains cancelled giving less options to make the Cambridge connection but got there ok.

Write up here;

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/page-2427#post-7707903
 
Top Bottom