What's your plan for the Funeral Bank Holiday?

What's your plan for the funeral Bank Holiday?

• Attend funeral procession in person

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Watch it on the telly

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Go for a ride

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Other leisure activity

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Work

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Childcare / other caring duties

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Chores

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
A couple of bikes need a wash, and the motorbike (all sans hosepipe of course). I need to investigate a leak on a caravan window, so if the weather’s dry it would be a good opportunity. I’ll probably down tools for the main event though.

Sunday is long bike ride day so I guess I'll be watching bits on the TV. Don't normally watch TV in the day but this is a bit different.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
make sure your not carry any bags or holding any form of protest placard. security arrangements for online viewing are just as tight as for the in person experience.
Either you're a newcomer to the internet or you should lay off the alcohol/happy baccy until after the watershed. :smile:

• Morning long ride
  • Cook squid curry with 2 minute instant Basmati rice for lunch (long while since I had it)
  • Watch the proceedings on telly
  • At the same time surf the net for online news from around the World
  • Catch up on online forums including CC
  • A single malt while re-reading The Match of Folly by Barbara Tuchman (1984)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'll be keeping well away from any TV's or radio's maybe going for a long walk.
Strange, could have sworn I saw in The Mall today:

311f054f42129271252de4e1f993e673.jpeg

I suppose I will watch a bit of the funeral at some time, but I am making no plans to either watch it or to avoid watching it. The likelihood of watching it will increase if the weather is crap.

As a retired person bank holidays really don't mean much to me and I have a choice of seven days a week to ride anyway so tend to make up my mind on the day rather than to plan for one days in advance.

Slick

Guru
I'm still off the bike as carrying a bit of an injury, so I'll be meeting friends for a game of golf and then some late lunch, before hopefully getting on the couch for a snooze before the real madness starts at work on Tuesday.👍

Top Bottom