What's your plan for the Funeral Bank Holiday?

What's your plan for the funeral Bank Holiday?

• Attend funeral procession in person

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Watch it on the telly

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Go for a ride

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Other leisure activity

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Work

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Childcare / other caring duties

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Chores

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
  • Morning long ride
  • Cook squid curry with 2 minute instant Basmati rice for lunch (long while since I had it)
  • Watch the proceedings on telly
  • At the same time surf the net for online news from around the World
  • Catch up on online forums including CC
  • A single malt while re-reading The Match of Folly by Barbara Tuchman (1984)

You know the funeral is at 11.00am?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hope to rise as soon as possible, as in not stay in bed till mid-day and beyond, to watch the funeral on my laptop. I will be wearing a shirt and tie and the rest and will be thinking not only of our Queen, but also of family and friends who are no longer here. The last time I saw a full state funeral was Winston Churchill's in 1965. This could be my last. I intend to make the most of it, both emotionally and spiritually. There's something about a funeral that brings out your true emotions, far more than any wedding. You can marry many times, but you only die the once! 🧐

1663201371453.png

God bless our Queen Elizabeth The Second.🇬🇧

1663203092761.png

Last edited:
We will have family visitors staying with us on Monday but the plan for all of us is to be nowhere near a TV or radio when the funeral is on including the pre and post event coverage. We are all of the opinion that the massively over the top saturated coverage by the media and especially the BBC is an absolute outrage.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'll be in London, an already planned business trip that couldn't be unplanned as there are people arriving from overseas

I don't know what I'll do on Monday, not going to watch the funeral and associated hoopla. Probably have a few meetings with the others arriving, decent lunch, walk in the park etc etc. Try to find somewhere in London not crammed with mourning monarchists.

Jameshow

Veteran
The wind over the weekend is blowing southwards.
I have just booked an early train on Saturday to Edinburgh, from where I will set out with a bivi bag for a long ride south.
On Monday I will start the day riding, and later on I will from somewhere catch another train for the last leg home.

Lands end?!!

I had a quick look in Vi, in the WH Smiths, in the Hospital
Even though it was printed/distributed/went on sale, before the death, I didn't see The Broon Windsors in it
It had got to be a regular recently
(I'll let anyone curious search for it)

I presume it will be withdrawn now, or an editorial in the issue released in October?

Top Bottom