What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

Plax said:
- I served Bruce Jones (Les Battersby) fags (B&H if anyone is interested) when I had a weekend job in a local shop.
- I had a brief cameo in the Welsh programme "Tipyn Y Stad"
- My Neighbour is an actor in another Welsh TV soap.
- I was chatted up by a member of the group Kool & the Gang. I did dance with him but declined any further "interactions".
- The band Paper Lace were in the next caravan to us on a holiday (Great Yarmouth I think it was)

I'm sure there are probably more but I can't remember!

I thought everyone in Wales had been an extra in some production or another!

PS Where exactly are you? I used to run, ride and go hillwalking in Llanberis area when I was at Bangor Uni.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've just remembered another one. My late Auntie used to be friends with the singer Matt Munroe when he was a bus conductor at Cricklewood garage in the 1950's

Plax

Guru
papercorn2000 said:
I thought everyone in Wales had been an extra in some production or another!

PS Where exactly are you? I used to run, ride and go hillwalking in Llanberis area when I was at Bangor Uni.

Maybe we passed like ships in the night:biggrin:
I'm on the outskirts of Llanberis shall we say, and a frequenter of Bangor (well my bf lives there and his house is warmer than mine!).

Years ago, I lived next door but one to a couple who both had famous cousins. Nigel was the cousin of Simon Le Bon, and his missus, Jan, was the cousin of that bloke who was the lead singer with The Cult, is it Ian Astbury?
Oh, and me best mate at school was the nephew of Freddie Starr. That was before he was famous, but my mate went on about him so much I remembered his name when he went Big Time.:biggrin:

Molecule Man

I went to College with someone whose dad went to school with C3PO, and Russel Harty, and possibly Richard Whitely as well.
And the father of another College friend once failed an audition to play a dalek.

Maz

Guru
longers said:
Well resurrected :biggrin:.

My Grans dog peed on Mike Summerbees carpet many years ago.
He was in Escape to Victory wasn't he?
With Pele, Sly Stallone, Moore et al?

EmGee DK

andygates said:
I was Monk #3 in Discovery Channel's Pirates! series episode on vikings.

Uh... I saw that... :blush:

My ex-girlfriend was a stewardess and was touring with Pink Floyd for a month or so on the - I think it was the 93 Tour. They chartered a plane from the airline she worked for. I met Nick Mason backstage at the Prague concert and smoked a joint with one of ... I have no idea who she was, but others claimed she was daughter of one of the bandmembers.

I also hung out with Run Rig when they played a concert in Denmark. Didnt know who they were, but really nice chaps.

domtyler

Über Member
I made up a hamper for the Right Hon. Liam Fox (Conservative) when I worked in Fortnum & Masons. He got one or two little extras he probably wasn't bargaining on. :blush:

I served Baby Spice and her mum when I worked Saturdays in Shelley's shoe shop.

I was poured a glass of Champers by Richard Wilson at a post performance party at the beeb after filming of the OFITG Christmas Special.

Top Bottom