What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
...and still they keep coming back to me!
I was once invited to Graham Greene's birthday party (my then GF's dad was a mate of his)... however, GG got ill and the party was cancelled... ;)

byegad

Legendary Member
I once stood next to Phil' Liggett in the gents at York Rally. I also got a 3 second spot of nme riding past on the third 'Woman who stops traffic'.

Monkey Boy

True sory....guy I used to work with was in Manchester airport last year and saw his childhood hero, the one and only Pele. After getting the piccies, autograph, shaky hands and all that he phones the missus at home with much excitment.
"Sweat-heart, you'll never guess who I've just seen...etc. Only the Best football player that ever lived"

Missus says "Who.....George Best"
Er, he's been dead for a year!

Was funny when he told the story to me!!

domtyler

Über Member
When I was at Uni I got a job labouring for a local builder one summer. I ended up working on a refurbishment of a house in Pimlico that used to be owned by Ian Fleming. The phone number obviously ended in 007! :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
gavintc said:
I had a poo on one of the Queen's loos. When I was sitting there I did wonder if this was the Queen's throne. It was very Victorian, lots of wood and almost a bench rather than a normal modern loo style.

I did wash my hands before shaking her hand later.

Filthy swine - I'll bet she would have preferred you pooing in it rather than on it. Hope she didn't blame poor old Phil.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fnaar said:
I was Kaiser Bill's Batman (whatever the hell that means!)

Didn't know he had a cricket team.

Talking of which, I was taken to hospital by The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland - at the time... split my webbing playing cricket (yeh yeh 'out for a duck etc') Merlyn Rees.

Nice guy - except that he drove a mustard yellow Austin Maxi (a la mode at the time) :rolleyes:

vbc

My Grandmother had an affair with Lawrence of Arabia, they would ride naked through the night on his Brough Superior SS100.

Terry Wogan did a jobby in my toilet (he flushed, I didn't keep it in tupperware to sell on e-bay).

Norman Tebbit swung on a rope in my back garden (by hands, not neck)

And back to a Dad's Army theme - I once shared a glass of champagne with "you stupid boy" Pike's wife

Top Bottom