What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I can't remember if I have said this one, but I once played rugby with Nick Farr-Jones (Australian captain & scrum half) in a centenary exhibition match for my old club. The then club captain or one of his stooges met him whilst on business in Paris and casually suggested he attend the match and dinner. And he did.

simonali

Guru
When I flew to LA last year the old man judge from that dancing programme and the Italian one were in the security queue in front of me. The old one was moaning about having to take his shoes off and said if "I ever meet that shoe bomber fella I'm gonna kick him in the bollocks!". :blush:

Second one for tonight; my dog's dad won best of breed at Crufts.

Maz

Guru
When I was a student I had a summer job in NYC working as a furniture removal man. We moved Meryl Streep's stuff into her Manhattan apartment.

She was a lousy tipper. :blush:

simonali

Guru
barq said:
A female colleague took Will Young's virginity.

Was it her wot made him turn bent? [fat-tongued lispy voice]"Didn't think much of that. Might have a go on a boy an thee what that'th like."[/fat-tongued lispy voice]

User said:
I turned down an invitation to some nookey from Graham Norton...

Maybe you could've unbent him?!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I once said, 'excuse me' to Danny de Vito in the National Portrait Gallery.

I think he thought my delivery of the line had perfect comic timing:biggrin:

Uncle Mort said:
I spoke to Ringo Starr. I was at Heathrow airport waiting for a flight in the winter and I needed to go to a balcony outside for a cigarette. It was very cold. I was just about to stub it out when Ringo came out and lit up as well. He said "It's bloody taters isn't it". I said "yeah", and went back inside.

Yeah, Ringo's still talking about it;)

gbb

Legendary Member
I sat at the same bar once with the lead singer from Wigans Ovation ;)

I remember thinking....'who's that wierdo' :smile::biggrin:
Didnt even realise at that point they were doing a gig at the club.

gbb

Legendary Member
My FIL once threatened to punch Hughie Greens lights out....i suspect there was a queue for that as well.
He'd picked my (then a child of course) wife up, being clever in front of the reporters.
FIL told him..'put her down..or' ...you know the rest ;)

gavintc

Guru
TheDoctor said:
I've had a pee in Mike Burrows loo.

I had a poo on one of the Queen's loos. When I was sitting there I did wonder if this was the Queen's throne. It was very Victorian, lots of wood and almost a bench rather than a normal modern loo style.

I did wash my hands before shaking her hand later.

jay clock

Massive member
the list is long.

I went out with the great great grand-daughter of a prime minister when I was 17

Sat next to Julie Walters on a flight. She looked stunning.

Went to school with Harry Enfield and uni with Rory Bremner

A friend's wife was sax player in Dexy's Midnight Runners (later years, only on tour)

Stood next to Bon twice. He must be medically certified as suffering from dwarfism

Saw Boy George at Brussels airport at peak Karma Chameleon fame

Top Bottom