What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fnaar, 18 Jan 2008.

1. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Especially as I have also sat at the same table as Quentin Tarrentino outside a pub.

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

very nearly shared the bill with pulp before they were famous (but sadly circumstances conspired against us though).

i've had lunch with carol lee scott with her in full grotbags makeup and outfit, the same day i met rod hull. if only i'd told him to get cable tv :biggrin:

3. OP
    OP
    Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Brimful of Asha? Great song!

4. longers

longers Veteran

I served John Squires and a lady their tea one night. I very nearly asked if she banged the drums.

5. OP
    OP
    Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Dave, you'll love this...
    I bought KEVIN ROWLAND a pint in 1986!

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

My printer was in a band who played a gig with Pulp as the support act.

I've already mentioned the Manics connection a few million times so I shan't repeat meself. :biggrin:

7. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

So it's YOUR fault, you utter, utter B*stard!

8. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

:ohmy: :evil::biggrin:
    Henceforth, I shall treat you with the respect I did not hitherto realise you deserved!

9. Noodley

Noodley Guest

What? A piece of equipment attached to your computer played in a band?

10. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

No a man in Dudley with inky hands

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

A Man in Pete Cook's mate with inky hands?

12. My most tenuous claim to fame - let me see if I can get this right - is that some people I used to be friends with have a daughter, whose friend at the time I knew them had a boyfriend whose uncle was Nigel Pegrum, who played the drums for Steeleye Span.

My band have supported the Oysterband and (almost) Chumbawamba and Fairport Convention. Oh, and John Otway.

My brother was once accused of being "a pisshead" by none other than Shane MacGowan.

Beat that!:biggrin:

13. longers

longers Veteran

James Herriott has been round our house for tea. A few years ago obviously.

14. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Fair play RT that does take some beating! :evil:

15. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I met Public Enemy coming out of a hotel in Sydney on emorning after I had been out drinking all night. I asked Flavor Flav if he had the time. I guess you had to be there, and had to be as pissed as I was. (and you'd also have to know who he was and why asking if he had the time would be in the slightest bit amusing to a pissed teenager - and he was wearing "it" at the time, no pun intended)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice