What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
very nearly shared the bill with pulp before they were famous (but sadly circumstances conspired against us though).

i've had lunch with carol lee scott with her in full grotbags makeup and outfit, the same day i met rod hull. if only i'd told him to get cable tv :biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
very nearly shared the bill with pulp before they were famous (but sadly circumstances conspired against us though).

i've had lunch with carol lee scott with her in full grotbags makeup and outfit, the same day i met rod hull. if only i'd told him to get cable tv :evil:

My printer was in a band who played a gig with Pulp as the support act.

I've already mentioned the Manics connection a few million times so I shan't repeat meself. :biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:

i've had lunch with carol lee scott with her in full grotbags makeup and outfit, the same day i met rod hull. if only i'd told him to get cable tv :biggrin:

So it's YOUR fault, you utter, utter B*stard!

Noodley

Dave5N said:
My printer was in a band who played a gig with Pulp as the support act.

What? A piece of equipment attached to your computer played in a band?

My most tenuous claim to fame - let me see if I can get this right - is that some people I used to be friends with have a daughter, whose friend at the time I knew them had a boyfriend whose uncle was Nigel Pegrum, who played the drums for Steeleye Span.

My band have supported the Oysterband and (almost) Chumbawamba and Fairport Convention. Oh, and John Otway.

My brother was once accused of being "a pisshead" by none other than Shane MacGowan.

Beat that!:biggrin:

Noodley

I met Public Enemy coming out of a hotel in Sydney on emorning after I had been out drinking all night. I asked Flavor Flav if he had the time. I guess you had to be there, and had to be as pissed as I was. (and you'd also have to know who he was and why asking if he had the time would be in the slightest bit amusing to a pissed teenager - and he was wearing "it" at the time, no pun intended)

Top Bottom