Whats your VeloViewer score?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boybiker

Guru
83.59 :ph34r:

97.01 Whatever that means?
Veloviewerscore.jpg

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Average position 2nd
Top positional score 99.96 (1st out of 2,568)

It's a strava veloviewer score, more information here -
Your VeloViewer score is a way to compare yourself against your peers. It is the average segment position score from your top 25% (max 100) of non-downhill segment.
More detail:
  • Position score - Each of your completed segments comes with a score, between 0 and 100, that represents your relative position based on the number of other athletes that have also ridden the segment. The higher the score the better!
  • Why not use placing? - Being 1st of 2 athletes isn't the same value as being 1st of 1,000. Equally being last of 2 athletes isn't anywhere near as bad as last of 1,000. The position score reflects how you stack up against others much better than your actual placing.
  • 25% - Only your top 25% of scores (to a maximum of 100) are taken into consideration as I'm guessing you haven't visited the pain cave for the majority of your segments so we only want to include those where you have.
  • But we've got local pro's taking the top spots - Seeing as the score isn't based on actual positions then this should well balance out as if the area is good enough for lots of pro's to ride there, chances are there are a lot more non-pro riders too so giving the potential for higher relative scores.
  • But I'm an awesome downhiller! - I feel your pain but to comply with STRAVA API usage rules, flat or uphill only.
Good ways to improve your score could be:
  • Go for segments you've not ridden before to get your worse scores out of your top 25%.
  • Check out your segments where you score below you VeloViewer score but still within the top 25% and try and improve your placing.
  • Ride segments that have a higher number of athletes as the potential for a higher score is better, but then so is the potential for a lower score.
  • Get fitter!

Top Bottom