Whats your VeloViewer score?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Average position 2nd
Top positional score 99.96 (1st out of 2,568)
Av position: 7.8
Top positional score: 99.33 (2nd out of 296)

15 3rd cats and 31 4th cats. We dont have any 2 cat or higher climbs around here. Unless I head over to Snowdon.

198 rides totaling 3,892 miles. Hopefully I will pass the 4,000 mile mark by the end of this week.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
lol 81.63 :sad:

RWright

Guru
Just checked mine. I bet I have the lowest 29.13 :eek: I know I am not fast but I am going to defend myself and try to salvage what little street cred I could possibly have left. :rolleyes:

In the past couple of months or so I have started venturing out to some more remote areas with very nice quite country roads with pretty smooth finished pavement. I have only recently been out because I have just built up my stamina to the point I felt I could get out there and back ok. I have been mostly a ride several of my own local routes fitness type rider. Many of these new areas are remote enough that you are probably not going to see anyone out there riding that doesn't have some saddle time.

I did this ride in early June: http://app.strava.com/activities/59377712 It was a good ride for me, out burning calories, not pushing really hard but trying to keep the momentum up some. I knew there were some segments but I didn't pay close attention to them but I did want to see the areas some of these other riders were riding. When I got home I saw a segment on my Strava that was about 7 miles long and I did it at 17 mph. I thought yeah ok, I can live with that. I then went to the segment page: http://app.strava.com/segments/4049851

My 17.3 mph avg. was 10.5 mph avg. slower than the KOM's 27.8 avg. :ohmy:

I am pretty sure there have been races on the roads I have been riding as well as really fast club rides. Too many of the times are put up on the same day. These are young kids ( compared to me mostly anyway) :smile:, racing and training in groups and chain gangs. vs.
me, 55 year old fitness rider trying to lose weight and get in better shape. :blink: There are several segments where I ride now that are like that. My new goal on segments out there is try to get off the last segment leaderboard page. :dry:

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Mine says, 93.60.

Now where is the box where I enter this on my next time trial entry? Should definitely get a ride on Etwall with that. :rolleyes:

If you couldn't tell already, I do not subscribe to this metric, nor the RITMO rating (I haven't tried this one myself) and am a little grumpy about all of these silly performance metrics and because I am not having the best of days I feel like ranting a little to blow off some steam.

I do realise it is a 'bit of fun', but how many 'bit of fun' meaningless metrics does anyone need.

Maybe I will open up an email account, you can all email me your strava links, sportive palmares, what model bike you ride and what clothing you wear or any other evidence you feel should be taken into consideration and I'll email you back some arbitrary number (what range would people prefer their arbitrary score to lie within? The options are as follows: Between 0-10? 1-10? 0-100? 1-100? 3-41? 7-109?) AND a swishy title/rank based on the given data? I will create a donation page where you can donate a few pence here and there to pay for my running costs (coffee and muffins).

lejogger

Guru
It's all fairly meaningless isn't it as everyone uses Strava differently?

Are my commutes a true indication of my cycling ability when on a heavier bike or have a pannier or a rucksack strapped to my back? Should those segments be discounted?

What about club runs which are handled at a slower group pace? Are they a true reflection of my solo strength and ability?

What about a segment I might cycle through once towards the end of a tough century ride in crap weather. Is it right that that's compared to someone who may pass through that everyday on a short training course?

Gobbledygook.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's all fairly meaningless isn't it as everyone uses Strava differently?

It also depends on where you ride and what type of segments you cover. If you ride in a heavily populated area with lots of segments used by pros out on their training rides, you will probably have a lower score than a rural pootler unless you are very, very fast yourself.

Edit: just realised that's not quite right because it only takes your best 25% of rides into account.

Top Bottom