What's your WAH daily exercise plan (Winter LD)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst Mary and Jospeh found there was no "Zoom" at the inn, it seems conf calls and staring at screens all day is keeping me way too inactive for my likings. I managed to get through LD1 much easier and actually came out of it 10kgs lighter. Now though with the short days and high work demands i'm finding it harder to do other things that sit on my fat ar$e for 12hrs a day.....

I usually fit in 1-2 x 5mins HIT sessions each day on the spin bike and and then some 30-45 min sessions if i can finish work early enough, twice a week.

I've also added a standing desk which i use about 25% of the time, i guess it all helps.

So what's everyone doing to keep active in these WAH lock-down Winter days ?

BurningLegs

Veteran
Turbo trainer and Zwift for me (admittedly more screen time!). And a three year old who exhausts me with outdoor play and evening walks that feel good for the soul.

I also do an occasional insanity workout.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Occasional evenings at the moment, which isn't good enough. Work's crazy though and I need more hours in the day.

Get to January and it'll ease; my intention's to do what I did earlier this year and an hour's session at some point each day Mon-Fri.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Mostly trainer and zwift, short of bringing both into work when on nights I literally have no time to ride outside for the next 2 months

rivers

How far can I go?
Group Turbo/Zoom/zwift sessions twice/week + any additional sessions from my coach (either another turbo session or a Zwift race), 2-3 days of core work and 2 days of strength (kettlebells and leg stability). Plus a couple of days of outside rides.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I’ve been WFH for over 3 years so I’m pretty accustomed to the routine. Luckily I have an electric desk so I can split my working time between sitting and standing. During the summer I was getting out with Mrs JtB for lots of evening and weekend walks (plus a few bike rides) in the lovely countryside around here. We realised though that this would not last throughout the winter so we’ve been setting up a home gym so we can remain active even when it’s cold, wet and miserable outside. We’ve already got the cross trainer and treadmill and once the Wattbike Atom arrives (hopefully within the week) then we will be all set. One of the advantages of a treadmill is that I can do a nice brisk walk at lunchtime without leaving the house and that leaves me feeling less grumpy in the afternoon.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Get to January and it'll ease; my intention's to do what I did earlier this year and an hour's session at some point each day Mon-Fri.

Nothing too much then:laugh:

As usual Mr Lane you impress me:notworthy:

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I train every day using Zwift’s 4 week FTP booster program ... usually an hour per day plus 1 x 2.5 hour endurance turbo session in a week. Always early morning so it doesn’t interfere with family/work life. I never thought I’d get so into the turbo but it’s fantastic - everything cast onto a big screen makes it pretty immersive :becool:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I train every day using Zwift’s 4 week FTP booster program ... usually an hour per day plus 1 x 2.5 hour endurance turbo session in a week. Always early morning so it doesn’t interfere with family/work life. I never thought I’d get so into the turbo but it’s fantastic - everything cast onto a big screen makes it pretty immersive :becool:
I'm going to quote this post again and again.. I'm fairly limited to outdoor time for a month or two so my Zwift setup is priceless.. One day last week there were just over 14000 riders online, that's low!

Soo priceless, my chainrings and cassette are currently soaking in degreaser solution so I can claw some valuable watts back (jk:laugh:)

I keep my printer at ground level far from my laptop on the dining room table. Everytime I need to print out an order or invoice I have to move my ass, get down and get up. The enforced movement prevents me totally seizing up.
I do a 20min walk around the block before work.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I should add I get out mid day in the daylight. Without a commute I can start earlier, ride for the time my commute would be plus lunch, and finish same time I would normally have got home. So I get a longer continuous ride instead of two rides bookmarking my working day.

Top Bottom