What's your worst cycling experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I would say that experiencing a really bad bonk (I've had two) is as unpleasant as I can recall.

How did you manage to do that on a bike ??? :tongue:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My worst experience was failing to land a jump properly on a BMX when I was old enough to know better, in front of a crowd of younger lads. I went straight over the bars and ripped my hands to shreds when I landed. :blush::B) Don't think I have ridden a BMX since. When my mates suggested we try the new BMX track at the Velodrome in Manchester recently I have to admit I didn't encourage the idea.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Breaking my collar bone wasn't exactly a barrel of fun, but I would say that experiencing a really bad bonk (I've had two) is as unpleasant as I can recall.

Fortunately (and touch wood) I haven't had a collision or an 'accident' with a motor vehicle.

No way, you haven't been hit. Wow. Quite a few times for me.

Seryth

I was in France with my school class earlier this year, cycling round Brittany (great trip, I enjoyed it very much; cycled about 400 miles!) and I was with three or four of my good friends. We came to the rise of the huge hill, that sort of "camel-backed" down, so we had a long (1 mile or so) straight, steep downhill to see how fast we could go; what else would a group of 15 year old boys do! So anyway, we were trying slip-streaming to see if it improved our speed, and after hitting 42MPH, we started slowing up. I made some silly mistake, and nudged my front wheel against the rear wheel of my friend, started wobbling (panniers are so annoying sometimes!) and fell right off, going about 30MPH, dressed in nothing but lycra! Luckily I fell onto the grass verge alongside the road instead of onto the tarmac itself, which would've been rather more painful. Even so, I was battered and bruised for a long while afterwards!

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
Breaking hard and slide forward hitting my lady parts on the stem (i saw a white light).
I've done that, but with my Man parts ahaha I've done it so many times that I now have a very quick reflex to keep myself up from doing it so much haha

Top Bottom