What's your worst cycling experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
[QUOTE 2080362, member: 9609"]Drove 200 mile to find the bike was no longer on the roof - what was to be a 7 mile cycle in + 20 mile walk in the hills + 7 mile cycle out, turned out to be a very gruelling 34 mile hike with the nagging worry of could my bike have caused some sort of accident and the police might be waiting for me - when I eventually spoke to the wife she said "do you realize you left your bike on the driveway"[/quote]
That's hilarious lol. Did you go back and get it?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Breaking hard and slide forward hitting my lady parts on the stem (i saw a white light).

Halogen, LED or the one at the end of the tunnel?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Never had a bad one, and I suppose it's how you quantify 'worst'?

I would say my close calls with idiots in tin boxes or wagons to be the worst - but they are fractions of a second in a pastime lasting decades (so far)

I could say that emotionally, the worst was during the tour of Germany when I was, cold, wet, lonely, home-sick and missing (then) toddler daughter. But a night in a hotel in Arnsberg, with a steak for tea washed down with a large bier, and a long hot shower soon got me perkier than a squirrel on LSD.

Maz

Guru
Alhamdulillah, nothing serious to report. Just a few minor prangs with cars.
Worst incident was probably some racist abuse from a passing car. They didn't bank on me catching up with them at the roadworks! :hello:

Brains

Legendary Member
A slide down a hill at 30 mph aged 15. I still have the bone chips in my elbow 40 years later.
And
Being deliberately sideswiped by a van whilst crossing Tower Bridge in the late 1990's
I can only put my survival down to luck and a misspent youth cycling offroad and doing jumps.
I've never ridden across the bridge since but bypass it twice a day every day.

speccy1

Doing a local hill climb, I thought I was doing well untill that day:cycle: Got totally thrashed and my enthusiasm hasn`t recovered since

Being t-boned by a mad mare in a BMW,
She was parked on a bend, on double yellows and facing opposing traffic
She just shot off at 45 degrees straight into me
Broke my arm, dislocated my wrist ( ended up with a plate in my arm)
Did she apologise???
Nope, she said "I don't need this I've just had row with my boyfriend"
FFS :cursing:

Top Bottom