Whatsapp.....a semi-technical question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is there any way to copy an image so as to eg text it or post on CC?
With text its easy as you just press on the text to highlight it and you have 3 dots. Touch the 3 dots and you have an option to copy.
However if you press on an image to highlight it the 3 dots disappear and you are left with only an arrow to forward it.
In my gallery there is a folder with all the whatsapp images I have been sent but the same scenario happens for these.
If it matters I have a Samsung Galaxy.
Thanks.

KneesUp

Guru
Any whatsapp image I get sent automatically appears in my photos folder on my phone (iphone) Are you using the iphone or android app?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Will be in your internal storage;

"On Android, media files are automaticallysaved in your WhatsApp/Media/folder. If you have Internal Storage, the WhatsApp folder is located in your Internal Storage. If you do not have internal storage, the folder will be on your SD Card or External SD Card."

Go to settings then go to storage. Then click on "Photos &Videos", under that should be "Images" where you will find your whattsapp images.
Once found select which ones you want then click the three dots top right, then select "move" that will then give you the option to save to photos.
Just tried it on my Pixel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Any whatsapp image I get sent automatically appears in my photos folder on my phone (iphone) Are you using the iphone or android app?
Samsung Galaxy android. They all go to my photo 'gallery' but automatically separate into a sub folder called whatsapp photos where I get exactly the same problem.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

"On Android, media files are automaticallysaved in your WhatsApp/Media/folder. If you have Internal Storage, the WhatsApp folder is located in your Internal Storage. If you do not have internal storage, the folder will be on your SD Card or External SD Card."

Go to settings then go to storage. Then click on "Photos &Videos", under that should be "Images" where you will find your whattsapp images.
Once found select which ones you want then click the three dots top right, then select "move" that will then give you the option to save to photos.
Thank you. I have to say that sounds very technical for my very old and tiny brain but I will try it

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You can make Wotzap save images in your photo gallery under settings/chats/media visibility.
Edit: they are then available to edit etc., the same as any other pics in there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

Just tried that.
As you said.....into settings I found all my whatsapp images in one folder. Sadly when I click/press one the only option I get is to delete them. There are definitley no 3 dots shown.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just tried that.
As you said.....into settings I found all my whatsapp images in one folder. Sadly when I click/press one the only option I get is to delete them. There are definitley no 3 dots shown.

That is strange. I've just checked in my WhatsApp folder and when I select one of them, I get the choice of "share", "edit", "delete". Choose "share" and all the usual options appear

Do a screenshot and post it here please

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry about that, just tried that on my wife's Galaxy phone and you are correct. Samsung put a 'skin' on android OS and it works differently to my phone which is pure android.
However you can select the image in whattsapp and it does give you options to share. If you can't save it to your photos then you could select email then email it to yourself.
Bit long winded but should work.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
That is strange. I've just checked in my WhatsApp folder and when I select one of them, I get the choice of "share", "edit", "delete". Choose "share" and all the usual options appear

Do a screenshot and post it here please
If only I knew how to do that

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sorry about that, just tried that on my wife's Galaxy phone and you are correct. Samsung put a 'skin' on android OS and it works differently to my phone which is pure android.
However you can select the image in whattsapp and it does give you options to share. If you can't save it to your photos then you could select email then email it to yourself.
Bit long winded but should work.
Where/how does it give you that option? When I press on it the only option I get is to forware it

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
How about a 'long press' on the photo, and select 'save to phone (or similar)'

Top Bottom