Whatsapp.....a semi-technical question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do other photos in your gallery have the same options or are the whatsapp photos limited compared to the others?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
How about a 'long press' on the photo, and select 'save to phone (or similar)'
Nothing happens. I think as @Cycleops suggests, Samsung just doesnt allow it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nothing happens. I think as @Cycleops suggests, Samsung just doesnt allow it.
I think you might have found the answer!
Go to settings then go to 'apps and notifications' or it may say 'apps and permissions' .Then click on 'whattsapp' then click on 'permissions' and make sure 'storage' is selected.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Go to settings then go to 'apps and notifications' or it may say 'apps and permissions' .Then click on 'whattsapp' then click on 'permissions' and make sure 'storage' is selected.
That sounds scary....but I will have a go.
Are you sure it wont explode in my hands.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a old Samsung S4, but all the whatsapp images automatically appear in their own folder under the whatsapp name

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
@Dave7 for future ref, a screenshot is really useful sometimes when you want to show someone a picture of what is actually going on on your phone screen at that moment

Usually, you have to press the "volume" button and the "on/off" button on your phone at the same time (I guess this may vary depending on phone). It then lets you "send" it (like you're trying to with your WhatsApp photos) or it stores it and you can send it later

Here is one I've just done of the CC Café forum

Screenshot_20190306-185253.png

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was a very brave boy and did that. Everything in the permission and notification is shown as possitive (apart from location).

keithmac

Guru
Upload a file/ Files/ Images/ WhatsApp Images then select a picture on my Galaxy S8..

Attachments

• IMG-20181230-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20181230-WA0000.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 19

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I also have a samsung (galaxy S7), for me to take a screen shot I hold the power button and home button down together and it then saves the photo to your gallery which you can do anything you want with. I don't have my whattsapp option set to "save photos to phone" because they all get backed up to cloud drives, and I don't want everything backed up (especially not rudey pics)

D

Deleted member 26715

On the Samsung to take a screenshot just swipe the whole of side of your hand across the screen, takes a little practise, but it then creates a copy of your whatsapp image

alicat

Legendary Member
@Dave7, have you got grandkids or know any children between 3 and 20? Just give them your phone and they'll sort it.

Or do a google search something like 'Share whatsapp photos Samsung Galaxy [insert model number].

Top Bottom