Wheel reflectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I still have reflectors on my commuter wheels. I tend to finish my shift in the evenings between 8-11pm and winter nights can get pretty dark so i just leave them on.

Maybe they'll save my life one day.
Refitted mine, due to commuting, & there's 2 roundabouts in first 1/2 mile
If someone sees me on it as they approach, they've done their job!

Just the iPhone flash, on arriving home one night

And the reflective mudflaps (F & R), the rear moves a lot, so is more of a strobe effect to catch attention even more!
Oh!, & in winter (as it's too warm in summer) a '360 viz' jacket - the Boardman version
525747 525746

Plus, it'd be far too embarrassing to arrive back at work in a big yellow truck, with Paramedics that I undoubtedly would know, A&E Nurses/Doctors that I know (& Traffic Officer that came to take statement), so I'll keep them
(and the recently fitted 'Reflex' Schwalbes)

Tyres with reflective sidewalls are an alternative. They stay reflective until the first few wet rides, when they are obscured by brake sludge and road grime..
Negated to a certain extent with discz

roley poley

Über Member
To me they throw your wheels out of balance, taken them off mine as the rear wheel wobbled horribly when it was spun
I found that too and now use the spoke reflectors that are about 4" long sticks that clip along the length of the spoke ,if positioned just beyond the crossing points they can be seen from the front and rear

Top Bottom