Wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willo54

I am looking to upgrade my wheels. The choice is Kysirium Elite or Spinergy. I would like a bit of advice as I'm relatively new to cycling.

vickster

Legendary Member
To be fair the OP did ask for advice on two specific wheelsets not whether he should get new wheels :smile:

(I assume you have posted the same links as the other thread)

I don't remember Spinergy being asked about before, fab brand name :biggrin:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got these
bs6540.jpg

Attachments

• bs6540.jpg
    bs6540.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 45
To be fair the OP did ask for advice on two specific wheelsets not whether he should get new wheels :smile:

I don't remember Spinergy being asked about before, fab brand name :biggrin:[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmm....

Fab brand name you say? Well, it does roll off the tongue rather nicely and it does sound fast, but the company has made so many engineering blunders it would be safe to say they have not a clue about wheel functionality. 10/10 for design tricks that aid marketing though. They just about invented the stupid nipple-at-the-hub concept as well as those uber-stupid Kevlar spokes and for years and years perpetuated the old weight-at-the-periphery nonsense.

As for Mavic with Kysrium, well they invented the guaranteed-to-crack rim with nipples that screw into the rim and are guaranteed to freeze in place within a year.

Let's reward them by shortlisting them and buying from them.

vickster

Legendary Member

I don't remember Spinergy being asked about before, fab brand name :biggrin:
Hmmmmm....

Fab brand name you say? Well, it does roll off the tongue rather nicely and it does sound fast, but the company has made so many engineering blunders it would be safe to say they have not a clue about wheel functionality. 10/10 for design tricks that aid marketing though. They just about invented the stupid nipple-at-the-hub concept as well as those uber-stupid Kevlar spokes and for years and years perpetuated the old weight-at-the-periphery nonsense.

As for Mavic with Kysrium, well they invented the guaranteed-to-crack rim with nipples that screw into the rim and are guaranteed to freeze in place within a year.

Let's reward them by shortlisting them and buying from them.[/QUOTE]
Dunno, I just said I liked the name :biggrin: I'm quite happy with my two pairs of fulcrum 5s

Top Bottom