wheels for winter bike help me choose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Between alexrims DA22 OR rigida flyer SL which do you reckon, they are both budget wheels, but just wondered if anyone recommended any? cheers.

jimboalee

My winter bike has chrome plated steel rims.

Remember the last time you got caught out in the rain on your bike with alloy rims and the brake blocks started bleeding black blood all round the rims and down the stays?

Was it a devil to clean off?
Was it just a filthy mess when you had to fix a P*****re?

No such thing with steel rims.

GrahamG

Guru
jimboalee said:
My winter bike has chrome plated steel rims.

Remember the last time you got caught out in the rain on your bike with alloy rims and the brake blocks started bleeding black blood all round the rims and down the stays?

Was it a devil to clean off?
Was it just a filthy mess when you had to fix a P*****re?

No such thing with steel rims.

Remember the last time you rode a bike with steel rims and picking up the damp morning dew was enough to render the brakes useles :ohmy:

jimboalee

GrahamG said:
Remember the last time you rode a bike with steel rims and picking up the damp morning dew was enough to render the brakes useles :smile:

The last time I rode a bike with steel rims was last week when it pissed down.
Those who have ridden steel rimmed bikes for forty five years will know what blocks to use.:smile:

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Yes your quite right it is june and that is why i'm using my summer bike, and thats why i'm getting my winter runner in tip top now. Not during the winter when i'll want to bloody use it!

GrahamG

Guru
jimboalee said:
The last time I rode a bike with steel rims was last week when it pissed down.
Those who have ridden steel rimmed bikes for forty five years will know what blocks to use.:laugh:

The rest of us stick with what we know too, despite the bane that is brake dust!

On a side note, I found myself in Red Kite cycles new shop yesterday whilst out and about in Solihull (I do lots of work for the council) - wow, that is one seriously good shop. I walked out £130 lighter after trying on half their Specilalized MTB shoe range!

Top Bottom