Wheels - Ultegra 6700 v Fulcrum Racing 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shooter999

Hi Everyone

Following on from my previous thread, I went ahead and bought the Trek Madone 5.9. The bike comes with Ultegra WH-6700 wheels, which are tubeless ready.

I had already previously bought a pair of Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels, which are sat in a box in the garage, waiting for the weather to improve!

Is there a noticeable difference between these two wheelsets and in particualr when climbing? If there isnt, then I may as well sell the Fulcrum 3's to help offset the cost of the bike!

All opinions welcomed.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think only you'll be able to tell, ride the bike and few times with each set of wheels and then decide for yourself which you prefer :smile: making sure you use the same tyres and pressure for a fair comparison

Or ride the bike a few times with the Ultegras, if happy, stick with them as you'll never know the difference

OP
OP
S

Shooter999

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that someone (who had tries both sets) would say that there isn't any real world difference.

Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that someone (who had tries both sets) would say that there isn't any real world difference.

Cheers
There generally isn't with wheels of a similar weight and people ...if you are brave you could search for some of the discussions on the real benefits of a wheel 'upgrade'

What tyres are on the bike? You may well find better rubber has as much or little impact

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I haven't used either but would have thought they would be much of a muchness (I've used Fulcrum 1's) - hills are mostly down to riders weight to power ratio more than anything else (ie lose a few lb's on the scales).

However you are sure to want some more exotic wheels in the near future so might as well sell the 3's to put towards them.

Top Bottom