When are you British?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yorkshire born n'bred!

British doesn't get a look in.

I'm with you here

I know loads of English people who are happy to call themselves English, as they should be.

One problem though is the way the English flag unfortunately seems to have come to be seen by many as signifying the worst sorts of nationalists. Sadly it puts many perfectly ordinary people off displaying their nationality, whether with the flag or the their name.
Too true, too many f**tball hooligans, etc.... have destroyed it in that sense over the years

pawl

Legendary Member
I am an Englishman living on a lump of rock called Britain I always find it strange that in the Olympia’s irrespective of if we are born in Scotland Wales Ireland or England we are team GB

Come the World Cup all the various European championships we revert to are nationality’s

Ask the Scots,Welsh or Irish how they would identify with the country of birth and in my opinion quite rightly so.

How's that chip on your shoulder?

I am perfectly balanced with a chip on both shoulders. :angel:

I won't support England at a sport in which we are neighbours and rivals, and I won't support our neighbours and rivals, the Jacks, at football.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Saying that your are “English” makes you sound like a football hooligan, saying that your “British” just sounds more appropriate

Top Bottom