When do you get your taste back?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's put me right off my food really (apart from crunchy nachos), had fish and chips on Friday night didn't even realise they had salt and vinegar on..

I know people who have lost taste for years (not Covid related), never appreciated how bad it would be until now.

It's extremely likely you will get your taste and smell senses back its really just a question of the time frame. Making sure your body has high levels of zinc should speed up the process.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mrs A_T lost her sense of smell and taste straightaway - it lasted for about a month. She's OK now.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Family had a big roast dinner on Sunday, I had a Turkey sandwich saturated in mustard and couldn't taste a thing!.

Amazing how it takes the heat out of chillies etc I wouldn't have thought that was a taste thing.

They'll still destroy your ricker tomorrow mind.
Never heard that expression before, although not difficult to guess what it is, so naturally googled it. :laugh::laugh:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It's put me right off my food really (apart from crunchy nachos), had fish and chips on Friday night didn't even realise they had salt and vinegar on..

I know people who have lost taste for years (not Covid related), never appreciated how bad it would be until now.
I for one have lost all taste for food, everything taste foul, This is after having throat cancer ,and being treated with radio therapy and chemo, been this way for about 4 months now, no sign of it coming back, basically living on ensures, I would not mind if it was a week, i used to love my food, Doctors reckon could be a few more months yet,

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I for one have lost all taste for food, everything taste foul, This is after having throat cancer ,and being treated with radio therapy and chemo, been this way for about 4 months now, no sign of it coming back, basically living on ensures, I would not mind if it was a week, i used to love my food, Doctors reckon could be a few more months yet,

Hope it comes back eventually Derrick, can't imagine a month at the moment let alone 4!.

My brother lost his sense of taste and smell dozens of years ago, he had all sort of tests and nothing was ever found, more recently he's been treated for sleep apnea with the gimp mask and he was able to sleep better than he had in 40 years (blaming shift work for problem). Oddly(?) his senses returned, he'd like to try sleeping without gimp mask (not a good look for his proto lady friends) but he is loathe to risk losing his senses again.

How did it happen?.
Right: I spoke wih my b-i-l and he said that his loss of taste came after a cold some 17 years ago, but also, interestingly, he lost his sense of smell at the same time, which his doctor claims is more of a contributory factor than ‘just’ losing your sense of taste, in not being able to taste food.
He was told that if he had an operation, there could be a 50% chance that it would get worse and only a small chance of an improvement - so he’s not bothering with that.
He’s been informed that some kind of Vitamin A ‘spray’ is being researched to see if a deficiency of said vitamin is a factor: that research is still in its infancy but he may consider treatment as and when his doctor contacts him.

Top Bottom