When kids crash on their bikes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks for the kind words. I'm surprised how much it has affected me, I find myself welling up at the memory of that skinny little body lying bleeding in the mud. I have washed and inspected the bike, which was quite cathartic. Nobody told me being a Dad would be like this!

I'm determined that we will do the C2C together, already wondering if we could do it in 3 days in October holidays just staying at B&Bs.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've found that nothing anyone tells you about being a dad comes anything close to what it's actually like, not by a long long way.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, and I hope you don't think I'm taking this lightly, but among his mates he will be a total hero for this! Plus chicks dig scars :smile:

TVC

Good to hear he's on the mend.:smile:

Here's hoping there are still a couple of scars still about when the new school term starts - What's the point of a good gory story to tell your mates if there's no evidence. :thumbsup:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Glad to hear young G has come out of this one without any serious injuries. Kids do worry you when they crash on the bikes, but they are very recilient and look apon it as one of those experiences in life when things do go wrong. The scars and scratches will add to his street cred.:becool:

asterix

Comrade Member
When I was about 6 I cycled straight into a large hole, dug in the road for some reason. I can remember hauling my bike back out and getting back on, lesson learned and that's about it. I think I must have just bounced. Worst pothole I have ever seen.

Happened to Miss PM last year at Glentress, actually on way back to the hire centre on one of the gravel roads as we had finished riding trails for the day.
Bit of a cut on her midriff, but was complaining her arm hurt. Peeled off jacket and...:eek: elbows really shouldn't be that shape. Local medical centre only has a minor injury unit so straight to A&E and in plaster for rest of school holidays.
She has now, a year later, STILL not stopped reminding us, meaning me, about it.
Worst bit after seeing her like that and dealing with it was telling my wife. I'd been trusterd to take both kids out without her for the day and had succeeded in breaking one of them.

It is horrible seeing your kids in any sort situation like that, you have my full sympathy

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I am yet to see one of my two knocked out, or badly hurt. If my lad is like ne we will be visiting A&E lots. My mates two lads have beds in

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

PaulB

Legendary Member
Glad to hear he's on the mend.

I can tell you, it's no more fun seeing a parent go over the handlebars either!

Oooh, in my case, I don't know about that.

As for Jnr, I send my best wishes. I'm sat here like a burns victim with holes ripped in my hip, arm and knee from Black Sunday so can sympathise with the young 'un's plight.

Top Bottom