When off the peg new bikes start costing more than some new cars - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I don't really like seeing the same bike out on the road and even less so if I'd spent £8500. Prefer to have something individual, but that's me

Exactly - it's your personal preference. Don't project your views onto other people as if they are somehow inherently morally superior.

Oh and it's black and carbon :whistle:

It's not black.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Looks black on phone? Maybe it's dark blue?

They have one of Peter Sagan's S-Works Tarmacs on display at Specialized HQ which has the same glittery/pearlescent finish and having seen it up close, I know that one definitely is black, but it looks very different to the bike in the pic, which looks more dark blue/purple to me - though that could be a trick of the light.

Anyway, whatever colour it is, you don't like it and that's fine. But others do and that's also fine. It's not what I would choose if I had £8.5k to spend on a bike but that's nothing to do with the way it looks.

ETA: there are loads more pics of the bike on the cyclingtips review - definitely doesn't look black to me...
https://cyclingtips.com/2018/03/specialized-s-works-tarmac-sl6-disc-review/

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I just don't like plastic bikes.

Nor do I - and I wouldn't own a modern carbon even if it was free out of a skip, let alone pay real money for one! However, I would love to see that S-Works paint job applied to a classic lightweight steel bike fitted with gumwalls. The visual effect would be awesome.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Metallic Black,

DSCN0073.JPG

No 'Gumwalls' though

Top Bottom