When riding for pleasure which bike type do you use the most?

Most used bike type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
I ride my Surly Long Haul Trucker which doesn't really fit any of the categories in the poll - so haven't voted. How about adding "tourer"

a.twiddler

Veteran
Recumbent? Trike? Recumbent Trike? Why no touring bike? Tandem? Tandem trike? Recumbent tandem trike? A bit short of categories. Other posters might come out with more. Usually use a LWB recumbent bike for leisure rides myself.

Depends what kind of riding I want to do really... The bike that gets used the most this the hybrid, but only cos it's nearest the door and probably the most practical. I'm not a "head down, arse up" kind of cyclist - I'm more of a casual bimbler.

Petrichorwheels

I was confused at the question. If you are not riding for pleasure. Why are you riding at all? 😁

Medals?
Imagined medals?
(Not me)

There could be a bit of confusion in the categories . A lot of the classic road bikes which were called racers were listed as tourers by the manufacturer's. The fact that they had drop handlebars and gears made them seem like racers to the general public. I can appreciate all the different riding positions drops can give you now that I'm much older as opposed to flat bars .
I used to have a mountain bike but have gone back to the old classic steel racing style bikes as they are lighter . I find that the shiny chrome and ally parts on a sunny day lift my spirits .
I am trying a modern style road bike for a comparison at the moment but have already found a problem ! Non standardisation of parts !

Jameshow

Veteran
Depends what kind of riding I want to do really... The bike that gets used the most this the hybrid, but only cos it's nearest the door and probably the most practical. I'm not a "head down, arse up" kind of cyclist - I'm more of a casual bimbler.

Really surprised!🤣🤣🤣

I voted electric, cos that's all I have got now, having sold my MTB last year.
If I were ever to get another human powered bike, it would surely be a fat bike, so I could go down to the local beach at low tide and play .....

Always Cross

Veteran
I have three bikes and a recumbent trike a Van Nicolas Amazon with Jones type bars, Moulton, Bike Friday and an ICE Adventure it all depends on my mood at the time which one I ride always with pleasure. If I had to god forbid just choose to keep just one it would be the trike.

winjim

Smash the cistern
A tourer is a road bike, isn't it? I was gonna put road but I mostly ride a CdF which you could call a tourer, although I don't tour on it. It's also marketed as a go anywhere gravel bike, it came with 35mm CX tyres but road bike gearing. When I was a kid I used to tour on what you'd call a mountain bike, and the Grand Tours are ridden on racing bikes.

Imma put 'road'.

Top Bottom