When riding for pleasure which bike type do you use the most?

Most used bike type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
The ultimate for a nice leisurely ride

IMG_20221030_161749.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'd expected more touring and gravel representation..

I prefer the gravel bike over the road alternative as it's a lot more versatile for available routes. Plus as I get older and fatter speed has taken a back seat to just getting out..

The tourer has (well, or had until the temperature fell through the floor) seen a lot more use than the gravel bike, however that's more because utility had been keeping me going out so it was always the natural choice.

Alex321

Veteran
I only have one bike, which is a road bike, so that is what I use most. It just about copes with easy gravel, but not much more.

Actually, that isn't quite true. I do still have my old hybrid, but it needs a new bottom bracket, so hasn't been ridden since I bought the road bike in August last year.

Fredo76

Über Member
I'm calling both of these road bikes:

IMG_3764.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

I ride Clem more often than Fredo now, but that may change next summer...

At one time 6 of the categories would have just been covered by one bike. Kids used to do all sorts of things to their old bikes whatever trend was in at the time . I can remember when cow horn handlebars were the fashion .
I think what the manufacturers called Touring cycles which at the time we called Racers might have been due to the fact that at one time it was illegal to race on the roads .

davidphilips

Veteran
All my bikes are now road bikes and tbh even with lots of cyclists gravitating towards bikes with more gears and even Di2 etc i tend to use my single speed even on club runs, there have been a few times i have been dropped on sprints etc but as long as i am careful and dont over spin for to long can catch up.

Top Bottom