When riding for pleasure which bike type do you use the most?

Most used bike type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Road but not racer. My audax bike, for want of better description.

GuyBoden

Guru
Depends on the topography of an area. On hills, I find that a lighter road bike is easier, on the flat I prefer a comfy, but heavier tourer.

In summer a road bike with no mudguards, in winter a tourer with mudguards/mudflap.

Off road in summer, my tourer without mudguards, but 40mm tyres.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Only if you are also going to remove recumbents altogether.

If you broke recumbents down into the same 8 subcategories, you would have at least 5 of those categories with zero currently, and probably 7.

Why break down into same sub categories when they are more recumbent categories than upright?

I only ride for pleasure so all the bikes get used and it sort of depends on my mood. But for biggest smiles per miles it'll have to be the mountain bike as the local trails are really fun to huck.

Reactions: C R
Gravel all day long .... but old MTB is my favouritest favourite :bicycle:
1671470600389.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Why break down into same sub categories when they are more recumbent categories than upright?

Ultimately, the finest grain categorisation would put every single bike in its own category. And there are more uprights than recumbents in the world so more upright categories.

It would be a bit of an unweildy poll, tho.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just a shame there is no interest in what types of recumbent are being ridden the most. After all there is far more variety in recumbent design than upright design. But what style are members actually riding?

Being slightly serious for once, that actually could be interesting.

Alex321

Veteran
Just a shame there is no interest in what types of recumbent are being ridden the most. After all there is far more variety in recumbent design than upright design. But what style are members actually riding?

That could be interesting, but you aren't really going to get it from a poll like this, where 3 out of 96 are riding recumbents.

You really need a separate thread for that, in the recumbents section of the forum.

Top Bottom