When Should I Need to Change Chainring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Not sure how I can rotate it to make it parallel though. Maybe where it bolts into the seat tube perhaps.
If your FD is clamp-on (ie a band around the seat tube) then how you rotate is self-evident. So I assume it is bolted to a 'braze-on' fitting attached permanently. That fitting allows some rotation (around the vertical axis) to rotate the FD/cage to get it parallel to the chainring(s). Getting right will improve shifting ime. HTH (Could drop it a mm at the same time.)

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
M

mkmark666

If your FD is clamp-on (ie a band around the seat tube) then how you rotate is self-evident. So I assume it is bolted to a 'braze-on' fitting attached permanently. That fitting allows some rotation (around the vertical axis) to rotate the FD/cage to get it parallel to the chainring(s). Getting right will improve shifting ime. HTH (Could drop it a mm at the same time.)
thanks ajax. yes it's a bolted on and as you say looks as if I might be able to rotate a tad. I'll have a play (I seem to have so much more time to tinker with my bike at the moment 😁)

Top Bottom