When someone parks THIER car on YOUR drive...what can you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Apparently not a lot.
Just heard tail end of a radio phone in.
In congested areas people have started just leaving thier car on anyones drive. If they block you in you can take action but if not....tough sh*t.
One guy found a car on his drive.....someone had a skip on THIER drive so parked on HIS drive. He pushed it off his drive and next day...........police came and arrested him.

Take their wheels off and blame it on local crime?. Just tell them that's why you don't have a car and cycle instead.

spen666

Legendary Member
Its amazing how often people who park across my drive blocking it so I can't access my property find their vehicle suffers multiple flat tyres. Must be some sort of Bermuda Triangle effect on tyre valves in the area.

Cars have also been known to be bounced out of the way

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Well, I tend to think I would just place put some large heavy object behind the offending vehicle (like, for example, my car), then go out for the evening, or longer.

Parking on private land isn’t illegal. We all park on private land when ever we go to the shops.

Solution is to put up signs and wheel clamp any car on your property.

It is a sad situation to have to be in, but if that’s what it takes then so be it.
You can't clamp cars on private land, which is what your driveway is. The law changed a few years back, mostly i think as a reaction to the very zealous clampers actions and motorists getting upset about the release fees arising from parking in office/business/whatever car parks while shopping, etc. So 'the boot' is now on the other foot. I can't see that anyone really foresaw driveways, still being private land, suffering from the same problem when the rules were altered.

Perhaps I should nip round to John Prescotts gaff and see how long it takes before my car gets shifted off his drive...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Perhaps I should nip round to John Prescotts gaff and see how long it takes before my car gets shifted off his drive...

Would his drive not already be full of Jaguars?

You could, perhaps, park in car park of one of the empty "Emergency Services Call Centres" he commissioned, and, which are still standing empty, at vast public expense?

;)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its amazing how often people who park across my drive blocking it so I can't access my property find their vehicle suffers multiple flat tyres. Must be some sort of Bermuda Triangle effect on tyre valves in the area.

Cars have also been known to be bounced out of the way
Great idea.. .....so long as nobody sees whoever sid the dastardly deed.

Tin Pot

Guru
Apparently not a lot.
Just heard tail end of a radio phone in.
In congested areas people have started just leaving thier car on anyones drive. If they block you in you can take action but if not....tough sh*t.
One guy found a car on his drive.....someone had a skip on THIER drive so parked on HIS drive. He pushed it off his drive and next day...........police came and arrested him.
Beat them to death, bury in shallow grave, job done.

Top Bottom