When someone parks THIER car on YOUR drive...what can you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Great idea but sadly....if you do ANYTHING to thier car you will be liable for criminal damage.
If I had a drive and someone else parked on it I would do far more than criminal damage, luckily as neither Maz or I drive I was able to reinstate the hedge along the front that was removed so her ex could park his car there and also luckily he was too tight to pay for a dropped curb relying instead on the old tried and tested 'plank in the gutter' in order to climb the Kerbstone

Drago

Legendary Member
Its lovely to see our resident ex-members of the thin blue line advocating criminal damage. :okay:

Not me I didn't!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I seem to recall a story about a builder who arrived at his plot to find someone had cut the chains on the gate with boltcutters and 3 or 4 traveller families with caravans and Transits had set up home where he was about to build a house. When they refused to move he arranged for two huge boulders to be delivered and dropped at the gate blocking any access or exit. He demanded and received a hefty fee in cash to move the boulders with a JCB. Similar kind of scenario I would imagine.

Brains

Legendary Member
As there seem little you can do legally, I think the fastest/cheapest solution is to block the offender in.
Other than using your car, the other simple solution is to have a skip delivered.
In most urban areas they will do it same day/next day and just leave it there a few days, it will soon fill up !

screenman

Legendary Member
As there seem little you can do legally, I think the fastest/cheapest solution is to block the offender in.
Other than using your car, the other simple solution is to have a skip delivered.
In most urban areas they will do it same day/next day and just leave it there a few days, it will soon fill up !

Have you checked out the price of a skip recently, in some parts it would be cheaper to move house, almost.

Brains

Legendary Member
After this is over, regularly, say once every couple of weeks, let down ONE tyre, the same tyre each time.
He will be running back and forth to the tyre shop tying to trace the invisibe puncture, dodgy valve and eventually replace the tyre

...... then you start on the next one .....

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
After this is over, regularly, say once every couple of weeks, let down ONE tyre, the same tyre each time.
He will be running back and forth to the tyre shop tying to trace the invisibe puncture, dodgy valve and eventually replace the tyre

...... then you start on the next one .....
Who do you think would be liable if they had an accident that could be attributable to a tyre with low pressure, after it had been deliberately tampered with?

Top Bottom