When someone parks THIER car on YOUR drive...what can you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
the driver, as the ultimate responsibility for ensuring a vehicles roadworthiness lies with them. However, when it turns all civilly it'll get nasty, with claims of contributory acts etc.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Its lovely to see our resident ex-members of the thin blue line advocating criminal damage. :okay:
Perhaps because they know from bitter experience that the law is, at times, an ass?
The job of the Police is to enforce the law*, whether or not they agree with it. They can't pick and choose which laws to enforce as they see fit. I'm sure it's the same in most other professions. I'm sure tax collectors don't always agree with screwing people into the ground - but it is their job.
*In Scotland, parking on private property is a civil matter and nothing to do with the Police. Property owner would be advised to see a lawyer.

Regarding the parking problem, and as an ex member of the thin blue line......... If the law is so weighted in favour of idiots parking on private property, then yes, I would take my chance with some form of obstruction or criminal damage, and let them try and prove who the culprit was. As things stand I won't have to worry about this too much as my first floor flat doesn't have a drive.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I once parked in a small office car park that I shouldn't have. I knew it was wrong but I was running really late for a show I was working on so I thought "sod it". One of the women in the office saw me, shook her fist at me and shouted what looked like sweary words totally unbecoming a lady of her vintage. When I got back to the car after the show, all the door locks had been superglued. This would have been a problem if I'd remembered to lock the car but it still caused damage. The Police couldn't care less. They came out, hummed and hawed then said "You won't park here again then?"

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Not allowed....you would be arrested

And charged with what, out of interest?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The job of the Police is to enforce the law*, whether or not they agree with it. They can't pick and choose which laws to enforce as they see fit.

Except they do. Try getting the police to investigate a burglary and didn't the London Met effectively decide to ignore the law on drug possession and write their own policy?

Top Bottom