When to get a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How long is a piece of string?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Replace? No no... you don't replace... you enhance your collection.

Seriously though I've never worn a bike out, I've added one or two gradually to the garage over several years when I fancied something new, and then some years later I've sold on a bike that hasn't been ridden for a while and which has possibly fallen out of favour. I reckon that's what quite a lot of cyclists do.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
You can never have enough bikes. :okay:

rivers

How far can I go?
N+1. I currently have 4. All have different purposes. If I had the space, I could probably justify a few more.

davidphilips

Veteran
Unless you do MTBing or TTs etc you really only need one, lots of cyclists keep at least 2 a summer and whats called a winter bike used for cycling in not so good weather.

Its very easy to keep adding to what becomes a collection, buying a different frame material or one with different gearing or brakes etc but most bikes are designed to last a life time or a lot longer even if used 365 days a year,know any of my bikes should/could out last myself.

My own view is if you have space and the money and want another then why not, all my bikes are road bikes, sold or gave away all my vintage and MTBs and am trying to just keep the 12 left without adding any more, even if i do see another i would like, have to consider where will i keep it (no room) so if i buy it then i would have to part with one i already have.

Top Bottom