When will they learn?.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just half heard a news piece on the radio at lunchtime about warnings being issued not to panic buy/stockpile for Christmas because of fears over HGV driver shortages and supply issues.

Now call me stupid, but surely that little request is going to have exactly the opposite effect? Heck, I've done the family shop this very morning but now think I should head back and pick up a case or two of mince pies, just in case...... :wacko:

Dolorous Edd

This morning on Radio 4 the interviewer asked somebody familiar with the situation at the ports: "Can you give us an idea of what sort of items are at risk of being in short supply by Christmas?"

Brain dead.

potsy

Rambler
I can live quite happily without mince pies, and all the other Christmas tat :rolleyes:

I did notice dried pasta seemed to be a bit scarce last week but the shelves were full again the other day, good job I only panicked slightly and bought 2 packs :whistle:

I bought my Lidl gluehwein as soon as I saw it in the shop. It's the same brand I used to buy when I lived in Berlin, well over 20 years ago, and I simply LOVE it. For the past couple of years, various things conspired against me and it was always out of stock when I looked for it; this year I saw it - and went back the next day in a taxi! - to get half a dozen bottles.

That's my Christmas sorted, couple of mugs of that of an evening when its cold and wet and windy, and I'm happy.

pawl

Legendary Member
Just half heard a news piece on the radio at lunchtime about warnings being issued not to panic buy/stockpile for Christmas because of fears over HGV driver shortages and supply issues.

Now call me stupid, but surely that little request is going to have exactly the opposite effect? Heck, I've done the family shop this very morning but now think I should head back and pick up a case or two of mince pies, just in case...... :wacko:
you would have thought they would know what is likely to happen following the panic buying of petrol

Top Bottom