When will they learn?.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
They keep saying it because of a shortage of HGV driver that's a load of old rubbish. I work with containers all the time and we're not very busy, it's much less busy than normal for this time of year. The problem is (if you can call it a problem) all the containers are over here and empty, there are none in China where everything is made. Everyone's been on furlough so nothing has been made that needs shipping to China, so the empty boxes are sitting in yards waiting to be filled. We could just send the empties back but the shipping company's won't pay for that. So nothing to do with us, gov.

stephec

Legendary Member
I bought my Lidl gluehwein as soon as I saw it in the shop. It's the same brand I used to buy when I lived in Berlin, well over 20 years ago, and I simply LOVE it. For the past couple of years, various things conspired against me and it was always out of stock when I looked for it; this year I saw it - and went back the next day in a taxi! - to get half a dozen bottles.

That's my Christmas sorted, couple of mugs of that of an evening when its cold and wet and windy, and I'm happy.
I might have to go and see what their schnitzel stock levels are like then, just in case.

I bought my Lidl gluehwein as soon as I saw it in the shop. It's the same brand I used to buy when I lived in Berlin, well over 20 years ago, and I simply LOVE it. For the past couple of years, various things conspired against me and it was always out of stock when I looked for it; this year I saw it - and went back the next day in a taxi! - to get half a dozen bottles.

That's my Christmas sorted, couple of mugs of that of an evening when its cold and wet and windy, and I'm happy.
Can I ask, what actually is it? what's the main alcohol constituent - some sort of cheap wine?
How strong?
(always an important consideration for me - otherwise it's my normal water with limes tipple)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Makin bacon :laugh:

DRM

Guru
Just more scaremongering by the media, they just can’t help themselves, meanwhile our erstwhile P.M thinks he’s Jackson Pillock, I mean Pollock painting,on his £25,000 a week holiday let, and is no where to be found when tough questions need answers

They keep saying it because of a shortage of HGV driver that's a load of old rubbish. I work with containers all the time and we're not very busy, it's much less busy than normal for this time of year. The problem is (if you can call it a problem) all the containers are over here and empty, there are none in China where everything is made. Everyone's been on furlough so nothing has been made that needs shipping to China, so the empty boxes are sitting in yards waiting to be filled. We could just send the empties back but the shipping company's won't pay for that. So nothing to do with us, gov.

You'd think someone in China would spot the gap in the market for a container manufacturer.

Top Bottom