When will you quit ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lappi

Regular
Rode everywhere as a kid, no other choice living out in the sticks, used to do a 20 mile round trip 3 or 4 times a week to see the then girlfriend (mid teens) Did my first Great Yorkshire Bike Ride in 1985 done every year since. Forgot about the bike for a good 20 years, apart from the "Great Yorkshire" Bought a replacement for my old Dawes Acoma in May 17 (Cube Agree) was amazed at the improvement. Decided to do LEJOG in 2018 last two weeks of September have done 4,000 + miles this last 12 months and loved every bit of it. Had my 60th birthday last November entered 3 rides so far for this year, all 100 milers loving it more than ever, as many have said previously will keep going as long as possible.
20180923_143954.jpg
20180925_121503.jpg
20180928_131429.jpg
20180928_145823.jpg

Liked, but no mudguards in damp scotland?

Got to ask what the police line don't cross tape was about.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Rode everywhere as a kid, no other choice living out in the sticks, used to do a 20 mile round trip 3 or 4 times a week to see the then girlfriend (mid teens) Did my first Great Yorkshire Bike Ride in 1985 done every year since. Forgot about the bike for a good 20 years, apart from the "Great Yorkshire" Bought a replacement for my old Dawes Acoma in May 17 (Cube Agree) was amazed at the improvement. Decided to do LEJOG in 2018 last two weeks of September have done 4,000 + miles this last 12 months and loved every bit of it. Had my 60th birthday last November entered 3 rides so far for this year, all 100 milers loving it more than ever, as many have said previously will keep going as long as possible. View attachment 453224 View attachment 453225 View attachment 453227 View attachment 453228

Travelling light for lejog. I would feel naked without at least my rack pack.

Venod

Eh up
Still riding at 66, 7000+ miles a year for the past 3 years, but I have just stopped using Stava for the 2nd time, so I might be mellowing, the last time I packed it in I gave away 40 KOMs, 24 this time.
I am very frustrated at the moment the wife has passed onto me the worst cough I have had in years, I ignored it to start with, but have packed in the bike and turbo untill it clears.

Last edited:

Lappi

Regular
Had a guy doing support for us , so yes travelled light made life a lot easier for us. No idea what the tape was for guess there might have been an accident and not been cleared. Even mudguards wouldn't have kept us dry had some terrible weather, but still loved every bit

Top Bottom