When would you like 'to go' ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The greatly missed Vernon went that way.
On his bike and very quick.
Just sadly too soon.

Indeed he did.

And another chap sadly died on his bike on a FNR a few years back.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As long as I am mobile, I want to keep going. Both my parents lasted into old age, 82 and 92 . So as long as my health holds up and I can get about somehow that's good .
I'll reassess when things change.

reminds me of my friend's grandad

He was a "80 a day" type smoker - firm working class man - what he said he meant and NO-ONE was going to tell him what to do!!!!!

Anyway - the doctor and his family tried for ages to get him t cut down on his smoking but he was not going to be told by anyone!

Then they were watching a documentary one day and they showed the lungs of a smoker against those of a non-smoker

He had one packet left - which was a warning to the family as he was going to need more soon and they had better get some before the shops closed
But he took them out - screwed them up and threw them into the fire
and said - That's it - I'm not smoking another one EVER

and he didn;t -
nearly killed him - his doctor tried to get him to start again and wind down gradually but he had SAID he was stopping and that was that

he died many years later on a lounger at the side of a pool in SPain on holiday with the whole family - just didn;t wake up

QUite a nice way to go - he wasn;t even ill - just fell asleep and didn;t wake up

Pain in the backside sorting out all the paperwork and getting him home for a funeral and buriel - but he was fine!

stephec

Legendary Member
Just over six weeks ago would have suited me, which was the day after my wife died. I now have to live with the pain and grief of losing her for the rest of my days.

Welcome back, I won't overdo the jolliness given the circumstances but it's nice to see you again.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
As soon as I become bed-ridden I think I'll want to go pretty swiftly. I wouldn't want to go into a care home, unless of course I'd be holding out for something like a first great grnadchild or something

Top Bottom