When you leave the umbrella it rains! When you leave the camera....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reallty must get into the habit of charging batteries. Since deciding my consumption of AA batteries was getting rather eco-unfriendly and investing in rechargeables, I've not yet got the habit of making sure they are regularly charged.

Two episodes today...both with drivers getting out to threaten

AM: London Road, heading into town, 2 lane road with bus lane on left, filter lane for buses and cycles to the right past the next junction.

Queue to red lights, bus waiting to pull out into outside to make it to the filter lane (I want the filter lane too). Hang back and wave the bus out..it pulls half out. Everyone stopped die to red light. Car on inside decides to pull out almost brushing my front wheel and shove past the bus except it can't. Give a "WTF" gesture..numpty reverses and gets out. Lights change, bus goes, I tuck behind bus and we all go as he stands in the road...then roars up to next red lights and mouthing abuse goes through the red.

PM: Through Hillsborough tram gate, car follows, I'm in middle of lane between the tram lines (there's a complicated web of tramlines at the corner). As I'm through I jink across to the left to take a secondary - a weak one but never really a problem.

Fiesta with tinted windows passes stupid close with a "pay effing road tax". "You pay it and I will" retort gets their backs up, and them hanging out of a window. Car pulls up in front and a knuckle dragging chav leaps out and lurches toward me. Bearing in mind he is 1 of 4 - AND I notice the similar chavmobile carrying their delightful young ladyfriends greasy fugly munters has also pulled up ahead I decide that stopping for a chat isn't wise.

Mindful of the fact these two pondlife-carriers are now behind me I probably confuse and upset an innocent volvo driver by deliberately road-hogging way more than primary (closing ANY gate past), purely to keep a ton of metal as a shield between me and them, until the next turn-off.

Chavs follow me but thankfuly roar off giving it verbals, bearing in mind though that this was a turn off into rural roads and there are plenty of hidden pull-ins it would have been an ideal place to pull in and hide a mile on, and ambush in the countryside, so it spoiled part of my ride-out, watching every little pull-in and keeping one eye open for any escape routes.

Thankfully they'd had their fun and the "queer" on a bike was obviously too weedy to take them on (yeah right, I'm going to go 1 against 4 plus their accompanying gorrillagrams)

The second one is the first time I've actually wished I'd had the camera with a view to actually reporting it to Police...total scum (and I bet they might pay "road tax" but willing to bet they pay little or no Income tax and NI)

Sorry to hear about those ST! It does sound like you dealt with them both very well though, so good on you!

Take comfort in the knowledge that the Fiesta knuckle draggers are the sort that they will be in regular correspondance with the police. They'll get what they deserve one way or other.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Sorry to hear about those ST! It does sound like you dealt with them both very well though, so good on you!

Take comfort in the knowledge that the Fiesta knuckle draggers are the sort that they will be in regular correspondance with the police. They'll get what they deserve one way or other.

That's very optimistic of you Mags! Well done to the OP for holding your cool. Exactly the reason many now carry a camera so, yes, use it all the time!

Had one tonight at Walthamstow...passenegr screeching out of the car.....got it on camera quite good as he did it twice...Called him a w@nk£r hen blew the horn and thought to myself...why did I do that?

It didn't really cause me any problems though.

Even if the batteries are out, point it out to them hopefully should calm down any ideas from said muppets.

Got the reg? Might be worth reporting it as attempted assault or something, or at least the police have a report out on that reg.

Peter10

Wonder if they realise that "road tax" or "Vehicle Excise License" doesn't actually pay for roads at all.

It's not worth confronting these people. I know people always say "in this day and age, you never know what people have on them" but to be honest, it's always been the same. There have always been violent people who will bash your head in with a bat regardless, it's just that there is a bigger population now, which equals more of them.

Paul_L

Über Member
two scary tales there ST. Well done for maintaining cool and more importantly the moral high ground. I know that bit through Hillsborough. Those tram rails are dodgy in the dry but absolutely lethal when wet, so any car driver with an ounce of brain matter (i think that's where my theory may be flawed!) will know to give cycles plenty of space.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Even if the batteries are out, point it out to them hopefully should calm down any ideas from said muppets.

Got the reg? Might be worth reporting it as attempted assault or something, or at least the police have a report out on that reg.

No, didn't get the reg unfortunately, was too focused on self-preservation

On the plus side however......I have remembered that this episode occured during tram-gate hours of operation and the only way they could have passed me would be through the tram gate - with operational cameras.

One FPN apiece for both cars involved in the evening incident will be arriving in the post

Top Bottom