When you lose respect for a fellow cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
I was out on a bike ride today, and approaching a pelican crossing (which were controlled by lights)
the lights were changing and I slowed down getting ready to stop, a fellow cyclist who was on the opposite side of the road about 25 yards from the lights.(this guy was on a road bike and had cycling top on and cycling shorts)

The lights go red and I had stopped, the lady and her child start to cross, the idiot cyclist on the other side not only did not stop but went right in front on the lady crossing, and the lady had to stop quick(and good job she had hold of the childs hand)

He had no excuses as a car on his side had also stopped for the lights, I had stopped and 2 cars behind me had stopped.
He looked over at me and I just shuck me head at him in disgust.
It would not had been as bad if he would have gone behind the lady crossing, but to go in front of her was crazy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bet he didn't even say hello to you either....

a knob indeed..

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Yeh, that guy is an idiot and should not ride a bike. For the record, all pelican crossings are controlled by lights.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
He's still a cyclist knob though whether he obeys the laws or not.
FTFY^_^:thumbsup:

I rode for a while the other day with a guy that used an air horn at 50m to let walkers on the Trans Pennine Trail he was coming. The reaction was some murderous looks. I felt embarrassed.
In 12 years only one person has held me up or complained when I just tootled up, said hello and excuse me, and went past.
Why anyone would want to do anything other than communicate is beyond me.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
What a dick head, he,s the sort of person that gives us a bad name
No, he's just an idiot, and doesn't represent cyclists in general. Yes, I know that motorists see one cyclist doing something reprehensible, and tar all cyclists with the same brush, but that's a misconception.

They're all the same, those bicyclists:

Banging on about the environment and personal liberty and trying to make my choice of breakfast into a big political debate and telling me why my diesel fumes are killing them when really it's my driving that's dangerous and getting aroused while discussing how many cogs they have on their cassettes and debating the relative merits of carbon fibre against aluminium and wearing clothes that tell me too much about their personal grooming and blitzing me in my face with three-thousand-candlepower front lights and dragging their children around in rickety trailers and jumping red lights and riding on the pavement and worrying sheep and shagging farm animals and having ginger hair and spitting in shops and disrespecting the game of football and eating imported fruit and buying wheels with huge words written on the rims and thinking they're Bilbo Wiggins or some other hobbit and pretending that the word 'cadence' actually means anything and buying their furniture from DFS and not putting oil in their pasta water and spending money on monkey puke dressed up as energy gel...

And do you know what?

They don't even pay road tax!

Top Bottom