Where are all the cyclists today?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
And TD ! you lot are well posh ! :laugh:
Doesn't help that I've been a Quins supporter since I was 4 either :tongue:

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
I've just done 147Km, I saw hardly any other cyclists. Happy days:thumbsup:

http://www.strava.com/activities/233889339

It would have been a 100 miler, but the ice was starting to form under my wheels, that's above and beyond the call of duty, so I bailed at 92 miles, that's still (nearly) a metric ton and a half, I'll settle for that
^_^
You must've gone past my old house, used to live in Warblington years ago. Impressive miles! But I guess most people are still eating stilton!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I managed a precarious 15 miles today in near freezing temps. I stuck to the gritted bus routes and went at about two thirds my usual speed. Even then i had a slow speed off when i was daft enough to try an icy side road. I saw two other cyclists in the 1 and a half hours i was out,but having said that i might see the same amount on a dry mild day.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I was commuting :smile:
Very icy here, stayed on main roads, even so I heard the silent swoosh of the studded tyres when you ride on ice.
Saw maybe another 3 cyclists at 10am, none at 7pm on riding home.

You must've gone past my old house, used to live in Warblington years ago. Impressive miles! But I guess most people are still eating stilton!
Yep, the route goes through Warblington. Very nice neck of the woods.

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Well I am doing my "domestic commute" again today so I will see who's out - even though it's not the weekend any more. There are a few utility cyclists round here too so maybe I'll see them. There is a very old lady on a dutch-style bike who I've seen in Headcorn, I'd love to fall into conversation with her some time. It is the first properly freezy freezy day here - the pond is frozen for the first time this winter, though the puddles have been frozen before - but because it has been dry for several days we won't have the treacherousness that has kept some of you guys off the road (soz). Sun still shining!

Well there was a bit of Ice on the Puddles yesterday but seen it worse! And many cyclists out too here in in Somerset yesterday Though so cold that on the way back from a post christmas ride (to start getting those pounds off) hands so cold I was having trouble changing gear I didn't even get a sweat on it was so chilly well for somewhere like here where it usally milder

dodgy

I've known a few people to question why the roads are quiet of cyclists in very cold weather. Keep riding, you'll soon find out for yourself.

Top Bottom