Where are you based?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
magnatom said:
How did you guess?!:evil:

beer please:biggrin:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Arch said:
I think vagueness about actual location is a good idea!

bonj put me right in the middle of a teacher training college, which has hundreds of young women walking around the grounds.:evil:

sadly, i'm not there:sad:, but just around the corner

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am now standing (bbeeee bbbbaarrrpp bbeep) near where my flag is.

Lots of noises, squeally flanges :evil:, clickety clickety clack, clonk.

"Tickets please
You can't sit there, you have only got a second class ticket."

Good thing that I have got my Track Safety Certificate, and my HiViz Vest. :evil:

Not so many trains now, after nine pm, so I will walk to the nearest station (about 100 yards) and catch a train home. Must not fall asleep or I will end up at Paddington Station, which would be unbearable. :sad:

Plax

Guru
Arch said:
I think vagueness about actual location is a good idea, I know that us ladies might certainly prefer not to have our actual addresses up for all and sundry to see... I'm actually not in the exact right place, but near enough to get the drift...
Aye that is what I have done. I'm near the general vicinity of Llanberis but don't actually live there. Well, not unless I'm stuck in the post office queue on pension day. Why is it that they all come to collect their pensions at lunch time when it is the only time us working people get there:angry:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, I agree, a certain vagueness of location, is unfortunately a wise precaution. My location on the map is accurate as regards the purpose of this map.

Bonj has worked very hard, and put a lot of time in on this map. Thank you Bonj.

yenrod

Speicher said:
I am now standing (bbeeee bbbbaarrrpp bbeep) near where my flag is.

Lots of noises, squeally flanges :evil:, clickety clickety clack, clonk.

"Tickets please
You can't sit there, you have only got a second class ticket."

Good thing that I have got my Track Safety Certificate, and my HiViz Vest. :evil:

Not so many trains now, after nine pm, so I will walk to the nearest station (about 100 yards) and catch a train home. Must not fall asleep or I will end up at Paddington Station, which would be unbearable. :sad:

Its a good job Patrick mr sex stevens isnt here...

Danny

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Danny, if your flag is accurate, I have a few friends live round your way!

It's pretty accurate - I'll have to keep a low profile over the next few days in case anyone tries to track me down.

bonj2

magnatom said:
:laugh:LOL:laugh:

I've just noticed where Bonj has placed my marker (It is not too far to where I live).

It is placed on a community centre 10 minutes walk away from where I live (the bit I live in is nicer than that bit! :evil:).

Have a look at what some enterprising youngsters have written on the roof of the community centre. How did they know that the google satellite was passing overhead that day! It's great to see that the youngsters of today have shown some enterprise!:evil:

A virtual beer to the first person who deciphers what they have written!

(You obviously have to change the display to satellite view! )

looks like "Shafton young team *1* F.T.Pous
Ysci"

I'm not sure the 'satellite' pictures are actually taken by satellites either you know, i think they're just taken by planes. I know the close-up photographs on maps.live.com are definitely taken by planes.

mcd

With the cluster of markers near Liverpool & Manchester, another cluster near London, and a line of markers going from Bristol to Hull, does anyone else see the markers on the map starting to form a giant 200 mile high % character?

bonj said:
I'm not sure the 'satellite' pictures are actually taken by satellites either you know, i think they're just taken by planes. I know the close-up photographs on maps.live.com are definitely taken by planes.

I know! It just didn't sound as amusing (it was supposed to be!) if I said plane instead of satellite! :becool:

Well done Bonj on the map and a virtual beer to all those who had a guess! :smile:

Top Bottom