Where are you based?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
This is rescuing a tangent of the CC meet-up thread where a map was set up for people to put their location down. So far there are only about 20 names, and I think it would be good to have a few more.

Why not add yourself (approximate location is fine - I did exact but only because it is in the middle of nowhere). It would be cool if we could develop a reasonably comprehensive map of user locations.

[URL="http://www.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114563772802921373732.0004438bff9bdc93a0825&ll=53.948863,-1.092367&spn=12.121043,29.882813&z=5&om=1"]Google Map[/URL]

PM Bonj with your postcode or approximate location.

bonj2

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Will. Whoever's defaced the map had better (a) own up to me by PM, and (:blush: put it back, by this time tomorrow. If this isn't done then I'm going to delete the entire map. If it's not put back then whoever's decided it would be funny to do this is just going to ruin the whole thing for everyone with their pathetic churlishness.
Remember, the password is public, so theoretically anyone peurile enough to do so can change it - but if anyone does, then I'll just retrieve it as I'm the only one who knows the hotmail password to the email address it is set up under.

bonj2

Well I've deleted it now. Well done Will, you idiot, you've just made it a whole lot more difficult to give public access to the map. Why?

bonj2

If we want to have a map (which I think is a good idea), then I think someone else who can be arsed to do so would be best off doing it but keeping the login details private and having people PM them with their location. But I'm not going to the effort of setting up a map for the benefit of everyone only to have some little twat throw it back in my face. I thought I was doing a good thing, but this is the thanks I get.

col

Legendary Member
Dont let the minority spoil it bonj,put a lock on it,and we can pm you,thats if you dont mind,Its a great idea.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
I'm sorry that you have jumped to the conclusion that I did it bonj - I merely rectified it when I first saw it had been changed. I don't think I have ever had an argument/said anything against you on here, and don't make it my business to do so with any poster.

bonj2

col said:
Dont let the minority spoil it bonj,put a lock on it,and we can pm you,thats if you dont mind,Its a great idea.

I suppose you've got a point there col.
I'll create a password protected one and post it again here, I'll try and re-add everyone i think was on it.
i'll post it in a minute.

bonj2

Will1985 said:
I'm sorry that you have jumped to the conclusion that I did it bonj - I merely rectified it when I first saw it had been changed. I don't think I have ever had an argument/said anything against you on here, and don't make it my business to do so with any poster.

So why did you send me a pm saying you had 'copied' it to your own account? - that was clearly hostile. Given my post in the thread, that pm couldn't be interpreted as anything other than hostile.
As why else would you want to copy it if not to copy it back again if i deleted the defaced map or changed it back myself.
If you hadn't done it, then why when I abused you for it in my pm to you did you reply by saying 'no i've just got too much time on my hands'.
Don't try and weedle your way out of it. You thought you'd been funny - in reality, it couldn't have been less funny, and you tried to be subtle by drawing people's attention to your juvenile bit of graffiti, but (hopefully) it's backfired. Like I've said, Will, I've no hard feeling, but just GROW UP.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Oh well...you don't believe me bonj. The fact that I have too much time on my hands is neither here nor there. I am interested in seeing the distribution of posters, and backed it up (I cannot edit it mind) in case there were more silly edits from whoever did it.

bonj2

Will1985 said:
Oh well...you don't believe me bonj. The fact that I have too much time on my hands is neither here nor there. I am interested in seeing the distribution of posters, and backed it up (I cannot edit it mind) in case there were more silly edits from whoever did it.

Like I say I'm really sorry for the insults if you are telling the truth, they obviously don't apply if you actually didn't do it, I just got the impression that from your first pm that it was hostile as you were half asserting your ability to thwart my efforts to get whoever did do it to own up, and half attempting to own up to it but not in so many words. Peace.

Ok I'm working on linking to a better map, I think i've managed to add avatars in it aswell.

I've added col and User as they've posted in your thread, Anyone else that wants added to it, please pm me with your location. Will that includes you if you pm me.

bonj2

New map
many thanks to col, User, marinyork, Joe24, cisamcgu, Will1985 for the PMs.
Will's convinced me he wasn't the one who defaced the original public map, and I believe him. I've got strong suspicions as to who it was. You know who you are, and you're not funny or clever.
This new map is better as it has got your avatars on, and can only be edited by me so should stay correct and nice.
Anyone else that wants adding to it please pm me!
I'll update this thread with a bump to the link to the map and the recently added members as requests come in.
Thanks
Thanks

Noodley

So bonj, these suspicions. As good as when you accused Will are they? :blush:

Anyway, I'm quite impressed with you skills in mapping, even though it appears Scotland doesn't exist in bonjland. Or will you wait til someone from Scotland PMs you?

Top Bottom